Chapter 11: The Plunge

Thanks for the 10K views! As usual, don't be a silent reader please.

I really appreciate everyone's amazing support. Legit keep up with updates regularly because you guys! 

Thoughts on the story so far?

.

.

.

Walking through the camp is something unusual.

I've been to Noctis Luna growing up and have known it my whole life. Uncle Lance did his training with his pack like other werewolf packs, but nothing compared to this.

This was hardcore. Military style with a literal set up of small fires around sleeping bags while there were several groups of werewolves standing there listening to orders or sparring with each other. Everyone's actions were so rigid- nothing like I've seen before.

Of course, I rarely observed others training myself.

Can't really compare about what is good or not.

Liam was walking next to me as Daria gave us the mini tour. The only big tent I saw was Daria's at the end of the large base. 

Pride shined in Liam's eyes as he told us about the camp, "Pretty cool, isn't it?"

"Yeah," I lied. Wondering where the fun was. Flora was looking around to find her mate.

We found him. Adrienne was stretching alongside some other wolves. He had cropped hair, but piercing black eyes that immediately found Flora's.

A sight to see. I felt like I was intruding watching both of them. Flora gasped slightly, taking a step forward, but Adrienne only gave her a curt nod.

Jogging to the rest of his group.

Flora's usual bubbly personality deflated. She hadn't seem him in a while and he does that?

I narrowed my eyes and start to walk over to the training group. Not before Flora pulls me. "It's okay, Freya."

"But-"

I was stopped short when a very pretty petite looking girl walked up to us. "Catoria!" Liam's whole mood shifted. 

She had her nose upward as she stared at us. Namely, at me. "We're pretty serious around here. Can't do relationships because it hinders our growth. I'm pretty sure Adrienne has no time for such small things like mates."

I felt taken aback by her crap opinion. "Aren't mates actually not small?"  When everyone turned to me, I added, "I read it somewhere on the internet. You know. True love. Not a small thing at all if we're all being honest."

Ah, yes, my true love belief. I saw it with my parents. With my Uncle Lance. Even with Grandpa when he talks about Grandma. Truly believed it. Seeing it with your own eyes firsthand changes your opinion. 

Then there's people like Catoria. Who's looking at me like she's mad at me. Her eyes narrowed to slits.

I awaited what she had to say, but Liam just laughed saying we were funny.

Flora tried to not let hurt show on her face by Catoria's comment. My dear new friend was so much stronger than me. Trying to break the ice, Flora smiled. "Cat hi. Long time no see how are you?" 

"Fine," Catoria said. "Why are you guys here anyways?" 

She flipped her long curly brown hair to her back, looking directly at Liam.