» XXII «

“We're he— Hyewon, you too?” Jungwon exclaimed.

“Hi?” I waved.

“She's the most targetted person by the media right now. We have to hide her away from everyone,” Sunghoon muttered while browsing through his phone, Sunoo peeking in from his side.

“This news is no joke,” Sunoo uttered.

“We can't stay inside here forever though. Most of the workers here will probably jump to conclusions and spread gossips about Hyewon, resulting in them to block the way out from here,” Heeseung spoke thoughtfully.

“That's why I called you guys in here,” Jay finally spoke up.

“What do you expect us to do? We're just...us,” said Sunoo.

“I know you all are quick-witted people,” Jay said, quite calmly, “Now let's not waste any more time. We need to stop the public before they actually start using violence.”

“I have a question about that,” Heeseung started, “Why are they threatening you two all of a sudden?”

“I'm not really sure,” Jay shrugged.

“The comments in the articles explain everything,” Sunghoon stated before swiping up his screen and a holographic image took place in front of him.

I stared in awe, “This kind of technology exists now?”

“It hasn't been released to the public yet. It's one of my works,” Heeseung spoke, quite proudly.

“Push away your ego for a while, Heeseung. We need to focus,” Jungwon folded his arms with a frown on his face.

Jay walked closer to the image and browsed through the section, one comment after another.

“I believe 90% of them are blaming Hyewon,” Sunghoon switched off his phone and the hologram immediately disappeared as well.

“Some are saying Jay deserves to die because he chose Shim Hyewon out of all the other daughters who are from wealthy families,” Sunoo stated, “What a dumb reason.”

“I honestly would've felt the same way if I wasn't here...” Heeseung muttered, “Anyways, it's no doubt that they're mad at Jay for being in a relationship with someone who had a pretty bad past.”

My lips started quivering, “This is all my fault.”

“Don't cry now,” Sunoo immediately sat by my side and comforted me before Jay could even move an inch.

He stared and clenched his fists before turning back to the other three guys, “So, do we have a plan?”

“We could distract the reporters outside the building so you and Hyewon can get out of this place...country, actually,” Jungwon shrugged.

Sunghoon slightly pouted at the plan but ended up nodding, his eyes focusing outside of the French window, “But I don't think fleeing to another country will be the right solution.”

“Why?” Jay looked at him curiously.

“There's a high chance that you both get trapped by the reporters in the airport.”

“Yeah, I believe some of them are already assuming that you're planning to leave Korea as soon as possible,” Heeseung agreed.

“Huh...well, if that's the case,” Jay looked away, thinking deeply.

“You can hide in a small village outside of Seoul...” Sunghoon mumbled, “No one will notice you two.”

“What do you think?” Sunoo turned to me.