» V «

What?! “No! I mean, no...we are not.” He cocked up his eyebrow and looked at Sunghoon. “What do you have to say?” Sunghoon opened his mouth but nothing came out. “He's too surprised to say anything. That thing about us dating, is not true.” “And I need Sunghoon to say that it isn't too to believe you.” “We dated.” Park Sunghoon I'm gonna kill you! “Hm? What was that?” He turned to Sunghoon. “We dated...six years ago.” His lips formed an 'o' shape as Sunghoon made himself clearer. “You must be the desperate boyfriend then.” He muttered to himself. “Excuse me?” “Nothing.” He showed us a sheepish smile. “Is something still going on between you two?” He asked and I quickly shook my head. “Not at all.” He turned to Sunghoon once again. He simply shrugged, making me sigh.

“Hm...I see how it is then. You're still in love with her while she doesn't even have a single bit of feeling for you.” “She's just denying it.” Sunghoon spoke up confidently with a smile. I swore under my breath. “Well, so how do we deal with this situation?” “We are not in a relationship, so let's just assume that it's not a big of a deal.” I quickly spoke up. “But you might end up dating again. I don't allow that.” “I am totally aware of that, Mr. Park. And I really don't want to break that rule. Can you just...believe that we aren't in a relationship and that I will not, and will never obtain feelings for a fellow colleague in this building?” I swore to gosh I looked desperate as heck that moment. He stared at me for a good minute. “Whatever you say. But let this be a warning. If anyone reports about you two being suspicious, I'm kicking you out from here without any notice. You get it?”

“Park Sunghoon! Why do you have to be so stupid?!” I started yelling when we walked out from the office. “What did I do?” “Don't act like you didn't do anything wrong.” “I only told him the truth, what's wrong about that?” “It's embarrassing. It's even our first day here.” “I thought that would make him get to know us better.” “Oh please, “She's just denying it”. What was with that?! You made me sound like a bad person.” He just chuckled. “But you're not, don't worry.” “Ugh! I swear to gosh Park Sunghoon!” He continued to walk quietly while I continued to shout at him. “Hyewon, you look like an angry puppy right now.” “This is all because of you. You were the one who humiliated me in front of the boss on my first day!” “Ah~ why do you care so much? You're acting like someone just made fun of you in front of your crush. Wait...you don't have a crush on Jay, do you?” He pointed at me with wide eyes. “Not at all! What made you say that?! Oh my gosh, you're so stupid!”

៚ · •

“Our boss is so hot and breathtaking~!” It was another episode of Jake watching me lose my senses with snacks on his hands. “I suppose you met Sunghoon too?” “Don't. Don't mention that guy's name ever again, not in my house. You don't know how he embarrassed me in front of the boss today.” He scoffed and smirked. “Doesn't he always embarrass you?” He plopped down on the couch and turned on the television. I stared at him in disbelief. “I thought you had your own place to stay?” “Nah, mom is letting one of her friend's family to stay there, for the month.” “Huh? Since when?” “Yesterday.” “Where are you staying then?” “Sunghoon's.” “Nope, get out from there, I'll give you a better place to stay. I'll let you sleep on my bed and I'll sleep in the guest's room.” He stared at me. “You really hate Sunghoon, don't you?” “Sorry but did you just notice?” “Yup. And no thanks, I'd rather stay at his place and give him ideas on how to...win your heart again.” He winked and dashed out from the room before I could throw a pillow at him. That bastard, I swear.

At the end, he decided that he would have dinner at my place so that I won't feel ‘too lonely’. I finished setting up the table and called for him. He lazily walked in. “Wha— WOW MY FAVOURITE DISH. Thank you so much, sis.” “Tsk, I always ask myself if you're really the elder one.” “You mentally get younger when you physically get older.” “You lost me there, what?” He rolled his eyes and sat down. We quietly started eating our food. “Do you notice how mom and dad are always affectionate and supportive of you?” I spoke up, quite uncomfortable speaking about the topic I just started. He nonchalantly shook his head as he continued to eat. My lips formed a thin line and I looked down at my plate. He looked up at me. “Is it bothering you?” “Well...” I let out a sigh. “Yes, it has been bothering me ever since I woke up from the coma.” “I don't know how to solve this for you. You should go and talk to them in person. It'll be better than keeping it to yourself.” “I know...but, they don't seem to make time for me, you know? I'm sure they've heard about me getting my first job, but they haven't even contacted me. It will be hard to try and reach up to them if they're always going to shut me out like this.” Everything went quiet until he spoke up again. “I'll ask if they're free this weekend. We'll have a small family time together.”

P O V

Jay continued to stare at the door. So, Park Sunghoon is the ex boyfriend of Shim Hyewon. I can see why Hyewon got in a relationship with him, he is one good looking guy. He stood up from his seat and walked back and forth in his large and spacious office. He can probably help me out with distracting Hyewon. But will we handle it well if I told him everything? One of the staffs barged in the office without knocking. “Seunghyuk, we've talked about not knocking before entering any room.” “Oh, I forgot about that. I wanted to ask if there was anything important to handle?” “No, not at the moment. You can go.” “If you say so.” “Oh, and tell Heeseung that he shouldn't worry about the thing he informed me earlier.” “O~kay.” He slowly made his way out from the office. Jay suddenly held onto his desk and gripped onto it tightly with his eyes shut. Don't tell me it's almost time to desire for her blood.

© 2021 -JAKISM