» XX «

My eyes were fixated on him the whole day. I just couldn't accept the fact that he decided to get over me overnight, it was just too sudden.

What am I even doing? I winced and put my head down on the desk. Now I am the one being childish.

“Is something bothering you?”

I hesitantly looked up to see Heeseung.

“Obviously,” I sighed and sat straight.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked directly before he could speak again.

“Sure?” He shrugged.

“Are you the one who told someone about my past with Sunghoon?”

He started laughing, “What makes you think that?”

“Well...because you and Jungwon are the only ones here who know about it excluding Jay and Sunghoon himself.”

“Yeah, you're right,” he gave in and hung his head low.

I shook my head in disappointment, “You're pretty unpredictable but I'm not surprised it was you.”

“It was just...fascinating. How's it going with Jay by the way?”

I clicked my tongue, “Not that great but we're trying.”

“Huh? What does that mean?”

“We've been fighting and making up again and again these days...”

“Because of his dishonesty?”

I hesitantly nodded, “I feel like he's still keeping something from me, but then he told me to give him some time to prove everything.”

“What has he told you?” He smirked.

“Why do I have to tell you? It might be one of his deepest secrets.”

He rolled his eyes, “It's all good if he has told you that he bought your father's building after that accident of yours.”

I bobbed my head along until I fully processed what he had just said.

“What?”

His eyes widened a bit and he slowly started backing away, “Nothing...?”

I stood up and backed him up with a stern gaze.

“Is he the rich guy my father sold off his property to?”

“Why do I have to answer— yes, he is,” he winced.

I scoffed in disbelief as I turned away.

“Everything adds up now. Wow, I'm going out with such a selfish guy.”

“H-He may have kept that from you so that you won't get back your property but that doesn't mean he's selfish—”

“Shut up, I'm trying to think here.”

He shut his mouth and hesitantly sat down on the chair beside him.

“He wanted me dead because I killed his parents. He then bought my dad's business to make my life a living hell when it was already a mess. He decided to ignore my presence in the building when I made my first appearance. He came up with an evil plan to mess me up even more and decided to choose me to replace someone, just so that he could bring me down and distract me.”

“Hyewon, don't focus only on the bad things he did to you,” he spoke.

“I don't know if he's still going on with his plan so I can't say that he really cared for me.”