» VIII «

TW : : mention of blood

“What do you think?” Jake asked with anticipation as he proudly folded his arms. “It's a bit too much for a single person to live here, don't you think?” “It looks enough for you to me. You once mentioned that you wanted to live alone in a big house.” “That was before I got my own house. Now that I have experienced living by myself, I won't feel like cleaning the whole mansion.” “Who mentioned anything about you having to clean?” “Me? It's my house—” “You can hire someone to do that for you when you go to work.” “Uh...Jaeyun, I'm not wealthy so I can't order around people like that.” “You are "Mr Shim's" daughter, why not? Let's go and eat. I asked my favourite cook to prepare dinner for us. I bet you'll enjoy his dishes.”

“Are all the helpers mom and dad's idea, with this majestic place?” “Why do you want to know?” “Because that's very unusual of them? They won't want me to live like a powerful person when they know that I'm an embarrassment.” “Stop thinking of yourself as an embarrassment. You're not, you even got a job under one of the best companies.” “Oh please, I was just the replacement.” “They could've chosen someone else as the replacement. Now stop barking and enjoy the meal without any worries.” “Barking— how's Layla?” “Out of the blue? She's doing fine. She's a bit lonely these days though.” “You should've brought her with you here.” “You'll spoil her. No.” “Says the one who showers her with the most expensive stuff. Come on, she probably misses me too.” “She's enjoying her time with her nanny and other friends, doubt she'll even think about you.” “You just said that she was lonely!”

៚ · •

“You moved?” “Yeah, don't talk about it too much though. I don't want Sunghoon to know it.” He obediently nodded. “Well, in that case, you have to change your address in your profile.” “Huh?!” “Don't worry, only you and the boss can access your profile. I hope you have downloaded the app I told you to download. You can edit your profile anytime you want there.” “That's weird.” “It's 2027, what did you expect?” “Flying elephants? I don't know.” I disputed and took out my phone. As soon as I changed my address, they directly called for me from the office. I looked at Sunoo, who was still standing beside me with a pout displayed on his face. “Is that normal?” “Not really. The boss probably wants to know more details about your new address.” He shrugged and walked away, as to tell me that I was on my own with that one. I sighed in frustration as I made my way to the main office, sliding in my phone inside my pocket.

“You wanted to see me?” I nervously asked as I made my way inside the office. He sat on the edge of his table, his arms folded. Is he mad? Hot damn. “Did you change your address?” “Uh, yeah?” “Are you sure it wasn't a mistake?” “What do you mean?” “Did you make sure you typed it correctly?” “I'm sure I did...” I mumbled as I pulled out my phone to check it. “There isn't any way you can reside in the same house as me.” “What?!” I exclaimed as I closely checked the number I had entered. “Ah! Excuse me, I suppose my fingers slipped. My bad.” I awkwardly laughed as I proceeded to change it. He glanced at the screen behind him and quickly turned back to me. “I'm quite surprised to how you can afford that mansion, I mean, any house around that area.” “Well, you know...it was my parents.” I barely smiled while holding onto my right elbow. My expressions directly fell when something hit me. I looked up at him to see him smiling.

“I-I'm neighbours, with you?” He released a low chuckle at my uneasy actions. “Not exactly, but yeah. It's only a five minutes walk from my place. I can visit you, that means.” He was now standing a few metres away from me and leaned forward to match my height. His eyes met my unstable ones. “Why is your heart pounding so fast? I can hear it from here.” You're a bit too close, that's why. My lips formed a thin line as my cheeks turned brighter. He softly smiled and stood back up straight. “You know, Miss Hyewon, I've been watching you ever since I chose you as the replacement.” He spoke unwaveringly while strutting back to his desk. He turned around with no expression written on his face. “Why do you have feelings for me?” “Huh—” “You can't deny it, honey. I've seen you behaving differently when I'm around.”

I was ready to blow up any second that day. “Y-You're just...” “Hm?” I sighed in defeat. I couldn't handle his gaze anymore. “You're my type— ideal type— you're just amazing.” “How so?” Do you ever look yourself in the mirror?! I screamed in my head. He chuckled. “You don't have to answer that. I just wanted to see your reaction.” The room fell silent for a moment before he spoke up again. “You're always free to ask me out though.” He grinned. “I'm free most of the time these days, it's boring. I'm sure you can help me make my days a bit more...interesting.” I gulped as I looked around the office, not sure what to do. I did want to ask him out but then I would sound impatient. Who cares? He's giving me an opportunity of a lifetime. “Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?” He smirked and stepped closer to me. “I'd love to have dinner with you. But I prefer having you for tonight.”

I froze at his sentence. What does he mean? He lightly held onto my shoulder. “I'm sure you know what I mean.” He flashed a smile, making his sharp and unique canines visible. I thought it was normal until his face went closer to my neck and I felt a brief prick of pain. I gasped at the sudden sensation, I later noticed that he was biting my neck, no, sucking my blood. This can't be real. I thought to myself as my hands went up to his chest to push him away, which wasn't possible. He had already captured me, there wasn't any way out. The more he obtained my blood, the more he seized my stability to function properly. But this all feels too real to be fake. I could feel my blood getting sucked by him. There wasn't any pain, but pleasure. As my legs were ready to give up on me, he held onto my waists and pulled away from my neck. He licked the remaining blood on his lips and fangs. My eyes were droopy because of the loss of blood. I could hardly see anything but his devilish yellow-red eyes.

“I've caught you, Shim Hyewon. Your blood is mine, so is your body.” He whispered before kissing the spot where he had left a horrendous mark at. I let myself fall into his arms after he was done with his task, darkness surrounding me.

© 2021 -JAKISM