» IV «

I confusedly looked at the two guys, who were now sharing cold stares with each other. I slightly shivered and walked in between them. "I'll talk to you in a bit, Heeseung. What did you want to tell me, Sunghoon?" I pushed him away from Heeseung. He fixed his blazer while still staring at Heeseung. He fixed his eyes on me. "Don't you think he's trying too hard?" "What do you mean? Heeseung?" "Yeah. He's totally hitting on you." "Yeah, right. Like I don't know that." He looked at me without any expression. "Why do you care so much anyway? I thought I've made it clear enough." "Don't tell me you're going to accept going out with him when he asks." "Of course not, he's not really my type. But that still doesn't mean you have the right to tell me who to date and not to date." I was about to make my way back but he held my shoulder. "What?" "Just act like you're in a relationship, for now." He got me speechless. "For what? With who?"

I walked out from the meeting room, Sunoo quickly ran up to my side. "How did it go?" "Oh it went well." I spoke sarcastically and quickened my pace. Sunoo tried his best to keep up with me. "What happened? What's with the tone?" "Please, Sunoo, I don't want to talk about it right now." He stopped in his tracks and watched me disappear in the crowd of other workers in the building. Park Sunghoon, you idiot. I thought as I furiously made my way up to the building with the others. Soon, we were all standing in front of "the boss", who stood powerfully as he scanned us from head to toe. He smiled with satisfaction as he was done taking a good look at each one of us. "From today onwards, you all are my servants. You are all under me. It doesn't matter if you're way older or younger than me, or you have more experience than me. I am your boss, and you can't say 'no' to whatever I tell you to do. Do you all get that?!"

Some of us flinched and unsure 'yes-s' were blurted out by the others. He nodded and looked around once again. "You all might be frightened of me now that you all know how dedicated I am. Well let me tell you that it wasn't easy to have come this far in leading a whole arse company, alone. And that too I'm not controlling only this building, but another one not too far from this place. You should find yourself lucky that you're not working there. If you had tried to work there, they won't have me so no one there will have the courage to give a lecture to you like this on your first day. That's why I make sure I put my most trustworthy colleagues there to take care of the building, but let me remind you again that they're not like me to the new workers." He paused for a minute. Everyone around me seemed to be afraid of him, but I was more intimidated and attracted to him with how determined he was. Don't tell me I'm having a crush on my boss. I stared at him in awe. Gosh he looked so good.

៚ · •

The speech was 30 minutes long but I didn't mind it at all. He literally kept my head away from what Sunghoon had said earlier that day. I frowned once again when I came back to reality. Become his "fake" girlfriend so that I won't be distracted by some dudes? Ugh, no. I clearly know what he has in mind. That bastard had the audacity to tell Heeseung that we used- are dating. I madly continued to walk with the others once again. Everyone scattered as soon as we walked in a particular room. Everyone in there was either seated or busy walking here and there with important files or papers in their hands. Okay, I should've listened to the boss instead of daydreaming. I frustratedly looked around and tried to find someone familiar, except for Sunghoon. I saw Sunoo in a distance and I quickly made my way to him. "Help me, what do I have to do?" He thought for a moment. "I think you would be in charge of printing...or anything related to papers." "Oh, that sounds easy." "Yeah, but make sure you do everything like the way Jay wants it." "Uh...sure." I turned. How does Jay want it?

I was about to approach Jungwon when there was an announcement. "Park Sunghoon and Shim Hyewon are demanded to come to the main office. Park Sunghoon and Shim Hyewon." I confusedly looked around. Are there other Shim Hyewon-s? "Stop looking around like a puppy and come." Sunghoon spoke as he walked past me. I rolled my eyes and followed him from behind. "What could possibly be the reason?" I mumbled involuntarily. "Don't think too much. It won't be something serious." He opened the door and we were greeted by two familiar faces, Heeseung and Jay. Heeseung showed a teasing yet warm smile and walked out from the room. I watched him as he did. What's with him? I turned my focus back on Jay. He quietly scanned us for a good minute and stood up from his seat. "So I heard you two are dating."

P O V

"It's going to be a lo~ng day." Seunghyuk sighed as he straightened his tie. "You should find yourself lucky that you'll easily be able to reach up to them since we let you choose the ones you found interesting and eligible." Jungwon frowned. "Yeah, being the oldest is fun." Seunghyuk chuckled mischievously. The door opened and revealed Heeseung. "Do you have any idea who the replacement is?" "No, not even Sunoo knows, when I last asked of course." Jungwon answered. Heeseung was about to speak when Seunghyuk added, "Don't hope if Jay picked Hyewon as the replacement. You've heard enough the reasons why he won't choose her." Heeseung formed his lips into a thin line. "Well this just sucks." Heeseung exclaimed, making the other two laugh. "What are you two laughing about? You don't know how I feel about this." Heeseung pouted. "Excuse me...but if you want to see Hyewon that bad, you can always ask me for her number." Jungwon said, covering his mouth.

The three well-dressed lads walked out from their private office, chuckling together as they made their way to see the new workers. As the door opened, they were greeted by new faces. "Oh~ look at that Heeseung. I don't think you need Jungwon's help at all." Seunghyuk patted the latter's back in a disinteresting manner. Heeseung's face lit up as soon as he knew what he meant. Meanwhile Jungwon's face fell when he saw Heeseung's expression. He badly didn't want Hyewon to be there as he was concerned about how Jay would feel if Heeseung ended up focusing more on Hyewon instead of work. The company could fall apart if that happens. He barely smiled as he greeted her. I hope she avoids Heeseung as much as she can. He thought to himself. "You look bothered." Seunghyuk walked to his side. "You aren't?" Jungwon suddenly spoke. Seunghyuk confusedly looked around before replying, "What should I be bothered about?" "Heeseung? With Hyewon?" Jungwon whispered to him like a lunatic. "Looks fine to me." "This could affect the company." "Ah~ just let it be, Jungwon. Let him cool off a bit. You know that he has been working really hard for Jay since the start. I think he deserves a break and...mingle a little, you know?" Jungwon pouted and hesitantly nodded, heaving out a sigh.

Heeseung smirked when they started leaving for Jay's office. He had a plan, an evil plan to make Sunghoon look bad to Jay and everyone else. You're dating Hyewon then, huh? Very well...I'll show you how dating is prohibited in this place. "Ugh, don't make that face." Seunghyuk slightly smacked the latter's shoulder. "Let's go." Jungwon nudged him with his elbow and followed Seunghyuk behind. "Jay would finish his speech in around half an hour, right?" Heeseung asked as he followed them, to which they shrugged in unison. So like that, Heeseung waited outside the main office until the new workers started walking out from there. He kept an eye on Hyewon, seeing her with a dumb smile on her face. He chuckled lowly. What a cutie. He thought as he walked in and met Jay, who was now sitting with a proud smile on his face. "What brings you here, my dear Heeseung?" "I have some...tea to spill." He said with a mischievous smile on his face. "I'm interested." Jay smiled as well. "There are some "lovebirds" among the chosen colleagues. And as far as I can remember, you don't allow anything going on like that in the workplace." "And these "lovebirds" are..." He trailed off. "Park Sunghoon and Shim Hyewon." Heeseung replied without hesitation.

© 2021 -JAKISM