» XXI «

“I'm not,” I chuckled.

Sunghoon slowly shook his head in dismissal, “No...I-I can't do that to Jay.”

I dropped my smile as my heart sank, “It's not like that guy ever helped you out when you were in a crucial state. Why— why are you hesitant to tear him apart?”

He looked right into my eyes, quite concerned, “What's with you? Why are you asking me this? Aren't you going out with him? What makes you want to "tear him apart"?”

“He clearly forced you to stay away from me. Why are you on his side?” I queried in disbelief.

“He didn't force me. Why would he force me? I was the one who forced myself to get over you,” he stated.

I blinked in confusion and stared at him until I shook my head, “That doesn't change the fact that he kept on lying to me. Just get back together with me, Sunghoon.”

He released a sigh, “Hyewon~ stop acting like this. Why won't you trust him? He clearly told you to give him time to explain everything to you. Just because you found out about another lie by him doesn't mean that he's still lying to you. Look at him, he's scared that he'll lose someone he truly loves again.”

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head, “I have trusted him more than enough. He deserves to live without having someone to adore.”

“Hyewon...” He trailed off as I turned in my heels and walked off.

៚ · •

The next day came by and I decided not to put on proper makeup since I didn't have the motivation to stand out.

The moment I stepped out from the mansion, I met tons of people lurking outside the gate. My eyes widened in shock. Did I do something wrong again?

I was hesitant to walk further when Jay rang me up.

“I have let the public know that I am dating Mr Shim's "spoilt" daughter. I hope this proves that I am not afraid of revealing my relationship with you and that I truly love you, a lot. The driver will stop in front of the gate in a few minutes, good thing you didn't wear heels today,” he coolly spoke and hung up before I could say anything.

My eyes went everywhere as I panicked. The goddamn car, where is it? My phone rang once again.

“Hyewon! You're blowing up in social media right now! Why didn't you tell me that you were dating Jay?! You should've dressed up better. You look like a normal person, please. That's so not you,” Jake spoke enthusiastically.

“L-Look, I'll talk later. I have to deal with all these people first,” I softly spoke and hung up, not forgetting to shut off my phone.

As soon as I looked up, the car had just arrived. I immediately ran towards it without having to waste time looking at my surroundings. I got inside the backseat and I released a sigh after closing the door. Some people banged on the window, telling me to step out and some asking me tons of questions.

“My expectations were a bit too low,” a familiar voice rang beside me as soon as the car drove off and I turned my head.

Jay smiled as he made eye contact, “You secretly wanted this to happen, didn't you?”

“I-I'm— I...”

“Please, don't excuse yourself. You were questioning my true feelings for you since I "lie too much" to you. You were probably questioning whether I would be humiliated or not if the public knew about the two of us dating because, well, you're the daughter of Mr Shim who got into an accident,” he smirked.

“Well, guess what? I'm not. I don't care whether our relationship stays unknown or not. I don't care what those people thing or say about you. If all that doesn't explain how much I love you, then I don't know what will.”

A big frown was displayed on my face and I pulled him into a hug, “I'm sorry.”

He slowly patted my back, “I'm sorry too. I should've told you everything then and there. Would you have ran off and dodge my the rest of your life if I did?”

“I would probably have. Don't be sorry about it, I'm glad this happened,” I stated.

He pecked my right cheek and pulled back to look into my eyes once again, “No silly fights anymore, you promise?”

I chuckled and nodded my head, “I promise.”

៚ · •

“Sir, everyone's raging about the news. What should we do?” His assistant immediately walked up to him as soon as we entered the building.

“I'll deal with it later...bring in Heeseung, Sunghoon and Jungwon in my office in five minutes. I'll discuss the matter with them.”

“Sir...Sunghoon isn't an official—” he was cut off by Jay.

“Just do as I say.”

He caught a glimpse of me before he continued, “Bring in Sunoo too.”

I was taken aback. Sunoo won't even know how to handle this, will he?

“O-Okay,” the assistant stuttered before running off to find the wanted lads.

Jay turned to me with a confident smile on his face, “Let's have tea in my office.”

He intertwined his fingers with mine and dragged me along with him. What is happening?

P O V

“She did?”

“Yeah, but I told her that it wasn't right and she left quite angrily...” Sunghoon sighed.

“Can I write an article in the middle of the night?” Jay suddenly brought up a different topic.

Sunghoon's eyes widened, “Maybe? I don't know. What are you planning to do?”

Jay quietly walked to his computer and started typing, “You'll see tomorrow morning.”

៚ · •

“S-Sunghoon? What's happening?” Sunoo trembled.

Sunghoon looked at the guy beside him before patting his shoulder to calm him down, “I don't know either. Let's hope it's nothing serious.”

“Have you seen Jungwon?” Heeseung walked up to them.

“No. Why? What happened?” Sunghoon immediately asked.

“Jay...he anonymously revealed that he's in a relationship with Hyewon.”

Sunoo gasped and directly covered his mouth in shock.

“Oh...” Sunghoon simply exclaimed before flashing a proud smile, “That's a good thing then.”

“How is that a good thing? Everyone wants to kill either him or Hyewon now for some reason,” Heeseung spoke, quite surprised by the latter's words.

“Guys, there you all are,” Jungwon sighed in relief, small beads of sweat visible on his forehead, “Jay wants us in his office, ASAP.”

The three of them looked at each other in surprise and confusion.

© 2021 -JAKISM