» XII «

He had a cunning smile on his face. “S-Sir.” I stuttered, hastily standing up from my seat. “Don't be too formal. Call me by my name.” I looked down, hesitant to look him in his eyes. “So—” “I apologize for not informing you about this.” I bowed. He stared at me in confusion. I had no idea what was happening and he was getting confused because of my actions. “Y-You don't have to apologize, although I'm a tad bit furious that you didn't report that you were leaving during working hours. You don't know what's going on, do you?” I glanced up at him and looked down again. “I'm getting caught because I sneaked out?” He chuckled. “No. You seriously have no idea?” “Yes...” He folded his arms. “I'm seeing someone in here, what about you?” “I'm also meeting with someone.” He raised his eyebrow to signal me what was going on there.

“Ah— no. You must be mistaken, you're not the guy I was planning to meet.” A smile grew on his face. “Are you sure?” “Yes. I told you about that guy last night. I managed to reach him and we're gonna meet here.” “You don't remember asking me what my name, besides ‘Jay Park’, was the same night, do you?” “Uh...why are you bringing it up all of a sudden? I thought you didn't want to—” “Well, it's about time I tell someone that my real name is Park Jongseong.” “Oh...” I trailed off, not catching what he meant since he spoke in a rush. My eyes widened as soon as I understood. “Y-You're...” I pointed at him, trembling. He simply smiled. “Yes, I'm that nineteen year old boy whose parents you killed, six years ago.” My breath hitched. He saw me as a murderer, all this time.

I was going to run away from there but I didn't want to lose the chance to apologize to him. After all those years, I had finally found him. He was always right in front of me but I was too dumb to notice it. He probably acted like he was interested in me to get back at me. I started getting teary the longer I stared at him. I couldn't believe I fell for the person who lost his parents because of me. I was embarrassed. “I'm so sorry!” I finally exclaimed, bursting into tears. “I wish I could go back in time to make up for all these instead of just apologizing like this, but that's not possible, we both know it.” I wailed. I looked into his eyes. “If I could bring back your parents by sacrificing my life, I would do it, I swear. That's how bad I feel. I would do anything to bring your parents back to life if it was possible.” He just stared.

I didn't care about all the people watching us that day. I just wanted to apologize and leave the world without any regrets. The public whispered to one another. “Isn't that Jay Park and Shim Hyewon?” “Why is she crying in public like that?” “Wait, so he was the boy who lost his parents because of Hyewon?” “That's unexpected. Will he forgive her though?” “He probably won't.” “Damn, they're always included in some kind of mess.” “I respect Jay, he's not even embarrassed to show up in public to get humiliated by her again.” “He's really something else.” “She must feel so bad. She doesn't even care that we're all watching her.” “She doesn't care about anything ever since she was born, what do you expect?” “She's not planning to kill herself now that she has apologized to him, is she?”

Jay could feel all eyes on him as they had expected him to utter at least one syllable. He lightly sighed before grabbing me by my wrist and pulling me out from there. When we took a turn to a path where there were no people, he instantly brought me to his mansion without having to take another step. “We can't talk about this in public.” He finally spoke. I was still dazed by his ability of teleportation. He confusedly blinked and waited for me to turn back to normal. “Right.” I said, dabbing my tear stained cheeks with my sleeves. He walked to a settee and plopped down, sighing as he did. He threw back his head as he looked up at the ceiling, seeming to be thinking deeply. I hesitantly took a seat on one of the stools nearby. “If...” I started. “...an apology won't mean anything to you, you can just tell me what you want me to do. I'll do it...no matter what it is.” He turned his attention from the ceiling to me.

“To be honest, I was pretty shocked to hear that you were searching for me.” I waited for him to continue. “I always thought of you as the person who killed my parents, the person who made me go through those past six years, struggling alone, scared that I would end up being nothing. I despised you with my whole being.” He stopped to take a breath, his eyes filled with anger. He had already risen from his seat as he started walking towards me. “But then I granted you another life, so that you would get to your senses as you face all those public gossips. I waited for you for so long. I thought that you didn't care at all, that you were just enjoying your life as the messed up daughter of Mr. Shim with your disapproved boyfriend by your side. But that all changed when I saw you again, uptight and insecure. You weren't the same old Shim Hyewon anymore. Everything took a turn the night you said you were searching for me.”

“I hated you. I really did. I wanted revenge, I wanted to make your life miserable, more miserable than mine from six years ago. But...” He trailed off. “...after seeing that you really cared and regretted for the thing you did, I had second thoughts. You also reminded me of what my mother said before she closed her eyes for eternity. ‘Don't let anger take over you.’ She knew that I was gonna get mad at the person in the other car. It really did take over me, resulting in me to forget her last words. If it hadn't, I wouldn't be in this position right now, I wouldn't have the motivation to be successful. I would have shredded you into pieces if you hadn't mentioned that you wanted to apologize for everything you did before you die. Thanks to you, I noticed my parents would not be pleased if I killed someone out of anger.”

I sat there, sobbing uncontrollably. “That's not the only reason why I'm not hurting you.” He paused, thinking to himself if he should tell me or not. He released a sigh. “The deal I told you about the other night. He made an offer to me when he saw me a month after I ran away from the hospital. He said that he would revive only one person if I agreed to become one of them, but to keep in mind that I would only be able to survive with that person's blood. I didn't want my parents' blood so...I chose you. I promised him that I would only obtain her blood, your blood. I could barely control my bloodlust until I had the opportunity the other day. The sensation of biting onto you and your warm blood flowing through me for the first time was the most unforgettable feeling for me. I'm sure it's the same for you too.” He released a heavy sigh. “So I can't live if you're not beside me. Our fates have been confirmed, we are destined to be together.”

“We should love each other, no matter what happens.”

© 2021 -JAKISM

Her Blood » 𝐉𝐀𝐘On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara