Epilogue

Jill and I spent the next month together, travelling Australia and showing her everything I wanted her to see. We had fallen back into our old ways - understanding, caring and love each other like we had one year earlier.

We went with Sam and Kristie on the trip around Australia, as Sam was adamant that Kristie see Australia before our season started back up again in England, and Germany for Jill. Jill was still going to play in Germany, but we were going to make it work. We made that clear with each other.

"It's not going to be like last time," I said to Jill, as we lay in bed, my head resting on her chest and her fingers entangled with mind.
"It's not," she answered, "it's going to be different."
"We will make it work. We will try." I said this with such certainty as to instil confidence in not only Jill but myself as well.
"It's going to work. I promise." She leant down and kissed me, deeply, relaxing my stomach and fluttering my heart.

On our trip, Kristie, Sam, Jill and I went to Byron Bay, and Cairns. Flew to Darwin and Broome. We then visited Sam's family in Perth and road tripped to Adelaide and Melbourne. The trip was the amazing. We rekindled our group of four - Kristie, Sam, Jill and myself. It was heartwarming how easy it was to reconnect after a year of being apart.

We all ended in Sydney, where we spent time with my Mum and Luke and even went to one of Luke's AFL games as his season was nearly at a close.

I posted an instagram post of us at his game, with all the girls rocking Giants merch, besides Sam who refused to wear anything other than her eagles jersey.

indiharrison: Supporting @lukeharrison. Don't mind @samanthakerr20, she barracks for a bad team ;)

samanthakerr20: I DO NOT BARRACK FOR A BAD TEAM!!

Kmewis19: I still don't understand the game...

Jillroord: @kmewis19 neither

The rivalry Sam and I have when it comes to AFL is very entertaining, and neither Kristie nor Jill understand it. They both don't know the rules nor why a goal is worth six points.

Before we left to go back to Europe, I was talking to Sam.
"I want to get another tattoo," I said to her.
"Yes, what are you thinking?"
"Remember before the game I said "doing this for 20" and you said "doing this for 13"? I kinda like it."
"That sounds amazing."
We all went to a tattoo parlour in Newtown for Sam and I to get our tattoos. I asked it to be on my forearm, running horizontal. It was small, and discrete, but I loved it.

I got:

doing it for 20

Sam got:

doing it for 13

It is, in a way, a tribute to each other, for sticking by each other through so much and ending up with the greatest win - a World Cup trophy.

When we had finished being inked, we both looked at our newly completed tattoos.
"I love them," I said to Sam, hugging her.
"Me too."
We got Kristie to take a photo of them, and I posted on my Instagram.

indiharrison: @samanthakerr20 inked with my bestie <3

samanthakerr20: tat slip

Later that day, Jill and I went my house for dinner before we left for Europe the next day. As we arrived at the house, I first showed Jill my room.

"Here it is," I said to her, "I only figured I should show you mine as you showed me yours." I had promised her, when I was in Holland for Christmas, that I would show her my room.
"So many trophies," she said to me, looking at all my awards.
"Yeah, well, my parents were hoarders." She laughed at this.
"I love it anyways," she said, coming up to me, and hugging my body, wrapping her arms around my waist and lifting me up. I pressed my lips onto hers, so happy that I was able to do that again.
"Guys! Dinner!" Mum called out. We both went downstairs and had dinner with Mum and Luke. My last dinner with them for a while. My last time seeing them both for a while.