Chapter 50 - The Party

I left Sydney a couple days after Christmas to ensure I would be back in London with enough time to get myself ready for the second half of the season. As I said goodbye to Luke and Mum, knowing I most likely wouldn't see them till the World Cup the next year, I was excited to get back to England and see Sam and Kristie again. Kristie had joined Sam in Perth for Christmas and they both flew to Boston on Boxing Day to see Kristie's family. 

For New Year's Eve, the soccer girls in England (including the Chelsea girls and Arsenal girls and girls from other clubs) decided to have a party to celebrate the New Year. Millie Bright has an amazing apartment overlooking London which led her to hosting the party and organising the whole experience.

"You're going right?" I asked Kristie, the day before New Year's Eve. I had gone to her and Sam's apartment the day after I returned to England.
"Yeah, I mean, Sam and Millie are really good friends, so I should," she replied.
"Good, cause I need you there," I answered her, smiling.
Kristie has always been my wing girl, and going to a party, by myself, is my most hated activity. I hate them. But, when I'm surrounded by all my friends, and I know most of the people, I feel more at ease.
Millie Bright and Rachel are best friends, so I decided to text Rachel and see if she was going to go to the party, assuming she would be.

Indi: Rachey, are you going tomorrow night?

Rach: Yeah of course. You?

Indi: Yes :) see you there x

I thought I'd better let Kristie know Rachel was going to be there.
"Kris," I said, putting my phone on the table, "Just thought I'd tell you that Rach will be there."
"Yeah I figured," she replied, "Millie and Rachel are best friends so it was predictable."

The next day, Kristie and Sam both came over to my apartment before the party as my place is the closest to Millie's. They were most likely going to spend the night, as it would be dangerous to drive after the night we were expecting to have.
"You guys ready to party?" Sam said, as we were about to leave. It was 8pm, and only 4 hours to midnight. Sam was wearing very Sam-like clothes - not tight, and not feminime. But she always rocked what she wore, and I was always jealous of her confidence.
Kristie, on the other hand, was a complete contrast to Sam. She was wearing a tight, short dress, with a huge coat, as we were in the middle of winter.  Whereas, I was in the middle, wearing long jeans, boots and a tight, cropped shirt, with a jacket.
"Let's go have fun," I said as we left the apartment.

When we arrived at Millie's, it was already bustling. There were so many people there, including Viv, Lisa, Caitlin, Fran, Leah, Jordan and so many others. I saw Rachel and Millie behind the bar, working the drinks, as the other girls were all chatting out on the balcony. Millie's view stretches all of London, and it was easy to find the London Eye and Tower Bridge.
I went up to Millie and Rachel at the bar.
"Hey girls," I said to both of them.
"Indi!" Rachel said, coming back around from the bar and giving me a hug, "you look so hot!" I blushed slightly.
"Are you already drunk?" I asked her.
"Only slightly," Millie called out, drunk herself.
"Give me a drink," I said laughing. Millie poured me a very strong drink, and I started to drink away. I never usually go too crazy, always scared of what it does it me. Of what I do when it does. But, I needed to let loose. So much had happened over the past couple months, I needed to feel free.

I saw Kristie and Sam dancing and drinking with Leah, Jordan, and Beth, all chatting. Erin joined them, obviously very intoxicated too.
"How are you?" I said to Rachel, as we were both standing on the balcony looking out over the view.
"Fine," she replied, taking another sip of your drink.
"How was the break up?" I asked. Whenever I drink, I have no filter.
"So over it. She was so toxic though, and kept asking people about me. I just wanted her to leave me alone."
"It's because she cares about you," I replied to her.
"Yeah, but I need my space," she started to chug the rest of her beer, "another one?" I nodded my head, leaving the balcony with her.