Chapter 37 - Coffees

After the celebrations had died down, and Jill and I went home, I convinced her to go see someone.
"Jill, I know what you are going through. I went through stuff like this too and I do not want you to think you don't deserve help because you deserve the world. Darling, you deserve everything." I grabbed her hand, and squeezed it.
"But I don't even know what is wrong," she replied.
"Someone will help you figure that out," I said to her. Together, we booked in for her to see someone and within a couple of days, I drove her to the appointment. 

"Don't stress," I said to her as I dropped her outside the office, "I'll get you in an hour." I leant over the console and gave her a quick kiss. She gave me a quick smile before getting out of the car. We had been very cordial, the last few days. I had been very worried about her, and her mindset, and that meant I was no longer thinking about us, as a relationship.

I decided to meet Sam for a coffee while I was waiting for Jill to finish the hour at her appointment with a psychologist. I texted her earlier.

Indi: wanna meet for a coffee tomorrow?

Sam: yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I met Sam in a coffee shop, a couple minutes after I had dropped Jill off at her appointment. I hadn't talked to her since after the game, and I knew she would be very concerned.
"Hey darls!" Sam said, as I walked into the coffee shop and sat down in the chair opposite her.
"Hey!" I said.
"How is everything? With Jill, I mean," she asked.
"I don't know. I really don't know. She just broke. Completely broke." I started to tear up, my face going slightly red. She reached over and grabbed my hand, rubbing them with her thumbs.
"It's okay. Coffee?" I nodded my head and she stood up and grabbed us drinks. Sam knows my order and I know hers, so there was no need asking.
Once she sat back down, with our drinks, we continued talking.
"When did this all start to happen?" She asked, sipping from her mug.
"Couple weeks ago, at least that's when I noticed. The shaking was becoming more and more consistent and she had just been down, and not lively."
"I never knew Jill to do anything like that. She is always so happy."
"I know, I know. I didn't expect this at all. She had just been acting differently, and was always nervous. I just don't know what changed so suddenly." Sam nodded, and continued to ask questions.
"Does she even know?" I thought about the question and I think I figured the response, she was worried about the possibility of moving clubs. But, do I tell Sam that and break Jill's trust?
"She has been weighing up her options, in regard to next season, but I shouldn't say anything else." Sam nodded, and I knew she knew what I was trying to get at.
"How do you feel about that?" She asked me.
"I want her to do what's best for her. I know that we are strong, and we can work out whatever throws at us. I just don't want to be the reason she feels like she has to stay here. I don't want to tie her down."
"Indi," Sam said, looking straight at me, "You need to tell Jill that. You need to tell her to follow her gut." I nodded, knowing that Sammi was right.

We moved on, and started talking about Kristie.
"So, how are you two?" I asked her. Their one year anniversary had previously passed and they both posted something cute for each other. Sam posted a selfie of the two of them, in which Sam was kissing Kristie on the cheek as Kris looked into the camera. Sam wrote:

samanthakerr20: One year with you has felt like a lifetime, literally ;) missing you my beautiful @kmewis19

Kristie commented:

Kmewis19: Too long I think ;)

Kmewis19: I miss you more <3

Kristie also posted her own picture, which was a cute picture, taken on a disposable camera, of Sam at one of Kristie's games in Houston. Kristie was leaning up over the railing, giving Sam a kiss after she had just won a game with the dash. Sam was cupping Kristie's face with her hands as she leant down. Kristie captioned:

kmewis19: Happy Anniversary my love. One year and your left foot is still so weak :( we will just keep working on it! Miss you too much <3

Sam and I both commented.

Samanthakerr20: My left foot isn't weak! Stop with the lies!

Samanathakerr20: Miss you so much princess

Indiharrison: When a defender has a better left foot than Sammi's :) You guys are the cutest <33

After I had asked Sam the question around how Kristie is, a grin beamed on her face.
"She is looking to play here next season!"
"Actually?" I asked, so excited about the possibility of having my best friend in the same country again!
"Yeah, she has been offered a couple of loose contracts. I am not sure who with yet, but it would be amazing if it was a London team."
"Imagine!"
"But nothing is certain, so we can't get our hopes up." I nodded, in agreement.

As Sam and I wrapped up, I went to get Jill from her appointment. We didn't talk much about what she did or didn't mention with the therapist, only if she found it useful.
"Was it worth it?" I asked her, after a few silent minutes in the car.
"Yeah," she replied, "I think it was."
"Are you going to go back?"
"Yeah."
We drove home in silence both not wanting to talk. She looked okay, and content, but it was crazy how many thoughts were bursting through my head at that exact moment.