Chapter 54 The best friend.

ابدأ من البداية

He survived it.

Just like me here, just like Vivian in Prison.

He survived as well.

My eyes meet his and that's when a sharp pain hits my chest.

Sadness, relief, betrayal, hope

They were all evident there. But the one thing that made James chuckle next to me was coming to surface now.

Vulnerable.

He was vulnerable. Just where James wanted him to me. Because of just one thing.

Me.

I was his weakness.

After all these years, my best friends were finally going to find love again. When again my cursed self had to interfere in their happiness.

But maybe it was not me, it was him always.

James and his sick games.

Maybe I was not the villain, he was. He always was. The mastermind behind every bad thing that ever happened to us.

I open my lips to speak...but the voice.

It doesn't come out.

Something heavy settling in my chest , as I again try. To only find disappointment.

More tears stream down my eyes as only a low cry emerges from my broken chords.

You guessed right.
.
.
.

I was mute now.
.
.
.

Deprived of the gift of words and voice. James made sure I couldn't tell anyone the truth. To silence the truth of my death, he silenced me.

Creases appear on Ethan's forehead as his eyes flicker to my lips struggling to speak, to only stop back at my eyes.

"What happened my dear Soph? Wouldn't you greet your best friend with a hello atleast?"

He was rubbing salt on my open wounds.Enjoying this game to the best.
I look up at him with my pleading voice, begging him to stop this.

To only have him grab my chin and pull up my face.

"You want to speak something?"

I close my eyes. It's the best way to hide my vulnerability. And he pushes me back to make me land near Ethan's feet.

"This bitc* is no fun. Let's get the game started."

I breathe heavily, my cheek pressed on the floor as I wish to become invisible. Sweat covering my body as I try again to move myself.

My frail arms, unable to take my weight. As I again fall down in the pool of my own tears.

"What the fuc* have you done to her?"

Ethan speak's for the first time. And I will be lying if I said I didn't miss his voice. Even after everything I did to seperate him from Vivian, he still cared for me.

His voice, it said it all.

It was strained, anger evident in it as he clenches his fist.

"Aren't you too soft boy? Have you forgotten what the girl did to you?"

My eyes met his and I again lower my eyes. To only have him speak still looking at me.

"I know."

"You know? I am afraid you only the half truth. Let me enlighten you to your best friends reality."

"She lied to you that my Son took advantage of her."

"She lied to you that your wife slept with Elijah!"