Chapter 8~ Amelia

"Amelia," I heard my name being called then the art room door opened and in walked Domenico's mother, Melissa, in her white dress with a big smile on her face looking flawless as ever.

      I on the other hand probably look awful, paint on my face and on my overalls and my hair tied in a bun, "Oh, honey, did you draw that? That looks amazing," she said as she saw my artwork, "Oh yeah," I said with a smile as I looked back at the painting.

      "You are so talented," she complimented, "Thanks, did you need something?" I asked, "Oh, yes, Niko's and Jeremy's cousin, Irene, is coming to stay with us, I was wondering if you would like to come with me to get her?" she asked politely.

      "Yeah sure, let me clean up," I said and the smile on her face grew wider, "You should probably tell your husband first," she suggested, "Why would I do that?" I asked taking off my apron, "Well, he needs to know where you are at all times," she explained, "I'll call him," I said and she nodded.

      Why does he need to know where I am at all times? It's stupid.

      I took a quick shower taking the paint off of my body before changing into a short black dress with a silky sage button-up tied in a low knot, pairing it up with black heels and a black bag, I styled my hair in a big clip getting the hair out of my face and for the makeup I chose light shades except for the lipstick, for that I chose a nude colour.

      I walked out and grabbed my phone from the island dialling Domenico's number, this is a waste of time, it ringed a few times before his husky voice fill my ears, "Speak," his tone dominating, "Excuse you," how dare he, the line went silent for a few seconds, "Oh, hey, Amelia, didn't check the name, what do you want?"

      "I'm going with your mother to get your cousin," I stated, not asked, I'm not asking, I'm going either way, "No you're not," what? "I am," I said again, "I said no," he snapped "Fine," I said hanging up, just in time, Melissa came in, "I told him, we can go now," I said and she nodded "Great."

      Hey, I said I told him not that he said yes. Besides he comes home late so I will go and come back before he even arrives, I had picked up on that for the few days I stayed here, I've been here for about, 5 days now.

      I spent most of my time either reading, painting or learning how to cook because I have no clue and I said I will learn something new; I love food so why not cook. Doing my tummy, a favour.

~~~

      We arrived at the private airport waiting for the cousin, soon enough a brunette came out of the jet in black leather pants and a black shirt with a denim jacket with her short wavy hair with a few purple lights in her hair swaying with the wind.

      She took off her glasses as she approached us, looking at me from head to toe, yup Niko's cousin, she looks intimidating, "I'm Irene, are you the girl who had to marry my idiot of a cousin?" she asked, I smiled and nodded.

      "I'm Amelia," she nodded grabbing a piece of the hair that didn't make it to the clip, twirling it around her finger, she moved away from me going to Melissa giving her a big hug, Irene and Melissa went in the car with me trailing behind them.

      She doesn't like me. Why?

      "So, Amelia, do you do everything my cousin says like a good little wife?" she asked and my smile dropped, who the hell does she think she is? "Excuse me?" I was a little offended not going to lie.

      The drive back to the house was filled with tension, Irene kept looking at me, I was a little uncomfortable.

      The gates opened and we drove in the driveway, Irene got out and went inside the mansion, "Don't take it to heart dear, she is like that with every woman Niko's with," Melissa said placing her hand on my shoulder.