Chapter 4~ Amelia

Passing many buildings and cars, seeing people enjoying their life, independently, while I'm stuck in a car with my brother and sister who are arguing none stop, on a normal day I would stop them but I have no energy, I'm getting married, worst fucking day.

      We finally made it to where I will be getting married, Daniel opened the door and Nora and Cade stepped out, I got out, New York's weather is so different from Chicago, it's colder, but I guess I will get used to it eventually.

      "You look beautiful, Ms Amelia," Daniel said, "Thank you, I'm going to miss you," I said, he gave me a small smile before closing the car door, "I will miss our daily talks, Ms Amelia," I laughed for the first time today, "Come on," my brother said and I nodded giving Daniel one last smile before walking into the church, Cade and my sister went inside and I went next to my father standing at the entrance.

      "Amelia," my father nodded towards me "Father," I lowered my head, "Don't disappoint me," was all he said, not you look good, Amelia, I will miss you very much, I'm so proud of you, but no just a 'Don't disappoint me' I placed my hand around his and the music started to play.

      The doors opened and we started to walk, wow, everything looks great, there are white Azalea's, my favourite flower, there are so many people here all looking at me as photographers took photos and a videographer capturing our every move.

      We finally made it to the end of the aisle and there he is, my future husband, in his black tux with his black hair gelled back, I can't see much because of my vail but I could feel his burning gaze on me, father handed me to him and left, without another word, he just left me there to the hungry beast.

      The priest started to talk but I couldn't bring myself to look at him, his hands are Warm, my hands are small compared to his, they have lots of veins too, with lots of tattoos, words, symbols and other drawings, I wonder how many tattoos he has under those sleeves.

      I was brought back by a deep husky voice, "I do," I finally looked up at him, he slid the gold ring on my fourth finger "Do you, Amelia Cara Perez, take Domenico Antonio Giuliano, to be you lawful wedded husband through sickness and health till death do you part?" the priest asked with a kind smile.

      I don't I really don't.

      Domenico squeezed my hands "I do," I finally said and his grip on my hands loosened as I slid the ring on his finger.

      I do.

      No, I don't, I take it back, please.

      "I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride," shit... he lifted my vail and I could see him better, he is indeed good-looking, he gripped my waist pulling me to him, his large hand cupped the side of my face, he angled his head before smashing his lips on mine, he did all the kissing I just moved my lips a little.

      He sucked on my lower lip before biting it, the claps soon turned to whistles and shouting from man, did he really just do that? In front of everyone? I felt heat rise to my cheeks, I wrapped my hand around his and we started to walk.

      I smiled at some people but inside I was freaking out, I'm married, I am a wife, I have to do wife things, why do I have to be so unfortunate?

~~~

      The after-party has started but I'm outside on a bench, the sun is setting so the sky is so pretty, the mixture of blue, red, orange, purple with a few white clouds, I feel relaxed looking at the colours, I'm trying to remember every detail of the sky so maybe if I'm allowed, I could draw it, it's so mesmerising.