HERE GOES NOTHING

Delilahs POV

It's ok, it doesn't mean anything, I'm ok.

He can't hurt me anymore.

The mention of Leo's name sends an unwanted shiver across my entire body, making me fall silent as the three tributes look at me awaiting my response.

'Can you wrap it with something?' I ask ignoring the comment about Leo.

The more I think about it the more it makes me feel weak. It's the one thing I can't stand feeling, along with being pitied.

Katniss clears her throat standing up, 'I'll find something in the jungle, I'll be back' she says running in its direction.

I breathe in the salty air, collecting my thoughts before rolling onto my back.

'Hey, you need to be careful, you don't want to get sand in it otherwise it'll get infected' Finnick stresses rolling me back onto my right side gently.

My body releases an involuntary huff, I'm so over this. I'm over being babied, I'm over being looked at like a porcelain doll just waiting to crack any second. I get that their just worried about me and care but I can't stand being looked at like I'm the weak link, because I know I'm not.

With the thought running high on my emotions I suddenly stand up, ignoring my body telling me not to and set off to help Katniss.

'What are you doing' Finnick asks in concern grabbing my arm.

I zip up the rest of my wetsuit, blocking out the sting it brings once it touches my open wound. My body turns towards Finnicks tensed stance,
'I'm going to help Katniss, I'll be back soon' I inform trying to retract my arm from his grip.

He tightens it easily, not being phased in the slightest by my forceful pulling.

'You need to rest' he doesn't budge.

'I need to help Katniss' I reply calmly, though I am quite literally screaming internally.

'No, that's not gonna happen'

'Oh yeh? And what are you gonna do to stop me?' I reply finally ripping my arm out of his and walking away, feeling his eyes watching me as I head for Katniss.

I make my way through the clammy jungle, dodging branches and listening to the songs of birds, before I come across Katniss collecting leaves. I let out a relieved sigh knowing she's ok and safe, but why not have some fun?

The amount of wildlife out here will drown out any movement I make, as I creep up behind the district 12 female.

She is bent down in front of a large shrub collecting leaves for my aid, bless her soul.
Before I know it I'm right behind her crouched body, leaning towards her right ear.

'KATNISS!' I yell making her topple forward and turn around in a panic.

Her stressed state soon relaxes after realising its just me, her frantic breathing slows down before glaring into my eyes.

'I hate you' she says simply getting to her feet.

'You love me' I shrug taking her hand and assisting her with a small laugh.

'That was cruel, and to think I went out of my way to help you' she says punching my shoulder lightly.

'Take it easy rocky, I'm fragile'

She lets out a laugh at my comment as we set off towards the beach. The sunlight seeping in through the overly large trees, shining onto our faces.

We weave through the maze of vines and bushes, making small talk as we go.

'I thought you died you know?' Katniss changes the subject, looking into my eyes as she walks.

That took a serious turn.

'I'm sorry Kat, I just tried to find you guys something to eat' my heart sinks at her statement, I couldn't imagine how she would have felt.

She takes my hand in her own, 'it's ok, I've got you now and I'm literally never going to let you out of my sight again' she laughs lightly.

I fall silent at her statement, once again no one thinks I'm capable on my own. It triggers something inside of me but I choose not to act on it, I'm sure she didn't intend for it to come off like that anyways.

'You should have seen Finnick though' her voice shakes me from my thoughts once again.

Finnick?

'When? What do you mean?' My brows pull together in confusion as I jump over a rock.

She takes in a deep breath, catching my arm preventing me from going onto the nearing shoreline.

'It was like he broke down internally, he didn't say a word to Peeta or I. I've never seen him look so numb or vulnerable before, his whole persona was unrecognisable and unresponsive.' She says looking into my eyes, no hint of dishonesty in her voice.

I pick at my chipped nails processing the new information she's supplied me with.
Broke down internally? Vulnerable? Numb? Unrecognisable? Unresponsive?

These words describe perfectly a certain point in my life when I was at my absolute lowest.

When I lost Finnick.

When I didn't have him to tease me when I blushed at his words, when I didn't have him to talk about my day, when I didn't have him to protect me from my inevitable nightmares.

When I just didn't have him at all.

It's like my brain has flicked a switch, making me realise there's quite literally no future for me without him in it. There's no happiness in my life without him, there's no point to my existence without him.

Katniss notices my silence as she shakes my hand softly, bringing me out of my daze.

'How quickly can you bandage me up?' I ask urgantly looking out onto the beach that occupies both Peeta and Finnick.

A smile over takes Katniss' normally harsh features, knowing what I'm going to do.

Her hands work her magic as my bruised and battered body becomes covered in healing leaves.
She zips up my suit in one quick motion before pulling my frame into her embrace.

'You know how much I love you right?'

'I know and trust me, I love you just as much if not a little more'  I reply pulling away gently.

'Impossible'

Her words make me smile as we both turn towards the beach, looking over Peeta and  Finnick eating some sort of fish my must have caught.

The sun shines upon the man made waters, making them glisten in return. I take a deep breath as I walk slowly down the slop of sand.

Both male tributes turn their heads in my direction, watching my every move very carefully.

Before I know it I'm standing over Finnick, taking a seat next to him on the familiar warm surface. Peeta obviously picks up that it's personal and moves away to find Katniss.

I look up at him, studying his physical features. His eyebrows holding a slight crease in between them with confusion and his jaw tensed in anticipation.

I take a much needed deep breath before looking up into his sea green eyes.

Here goes nothing.

SORRY NOT SORRY

BYE

what do you think Delilah's gonna do 👀

All The Love - DD