WATCH AND LEARN PRINCESS

Finnicks POV

What a mess

My body wakes me up, as the morning light seeps through the half closed curtain.

I roll onto my right side where my sight sets on Delilah, softly breathing in and out with shallow breaths.

If I hadn't gotten her off Annie last night the peacekeepers would have drugged her again, or she would have killed her.

I was relieved that I never cheated on Delilah, though I always had a feeling that something was off with Annie when she accused me of sleeping with her.

It made my blood boil at the thought of Snow forcing Delilah to live in the capital and I'll never forgive Annie for what she's caused.

I look over at her once again, how could anyone hurt someone like her? I've got a plan for the games, one that she's unaware of. She can't know because I know she would tell Katniss and Peeta, it's for her own good not to know.

It won't stop me from protecting her with my life though.

'Has anyone ever told you it's rude to stare?' She mumbles, catching me out.
This makes me smile as I roll my eyes 'I'm sure they'd understand if it were you they were staring at' I chuckle, drawing patterns on her arm.

The same arm covered in Annie's blood last night that she scrubbed so hard, nearly drawing blood of her own.

She hums at the feeling, finding comfort in my gesture. This is the first time we've shared a bed in nearly 4 years, it feels just like yesterday.

Her blue irises meet mine as her eyes blink open, the lighting shining on her long blonde hair making her look like an angel.

My angel

'Have I ever told you how sexy your voice sounds in the morning?' She crawls over to me, straddling my waist with her legs either side.

'No, but feel free to say it as many times as you please' I grin up at her, running my hands along her thighs.

'How are you?' She takes my palm and starts tracing patterns on it, she's right it is soothing.

'I'm fine, just a little confused. How are you?' I return looking into her eyes. I'm genuinely worried about her, I've never seen her like that in my entire life. I hope she doesn't think I think of her any differently after what she did.

If anything it showed me how much she cares, and let me know that my feelings are reciprocated.

She lets out a breath, 'I'm okay, I just didn't know what came over me Finnick. One moment I was listening to her conversation and the next thing I know I'm holding her up by her throat against the wall.' She sighs looking away.

I quickly turn her head back to me, keeping my hand on her cheek.
'None of this is your fault Rosie, don't blame yourself for reacting the way you did' I try and comfort her.

'Three years' she laughs to herself, my brows pull together in confusion to what she's implying.
She notices that I'm not following and explains,
'That red headed bitch had us fooled for three years Finnick, those could have been three more years of our lives spent together. Instead I tried to force myself to hate you and secluded myself, instead of enjoying my life. Now look where we are' she laughs at the irony of the whole situation

'You have me now' I reassure, holding her hand.

'Not for long Finnick, as soon as those games start only one person will come out and it's not gonna be me'

It's a stab in the chest, just the thought of her dying in the arena is enough to make me go crazy.

But I have other plans, she just can't know.