MAKE THEM PAY

Play the song at the * for the best experience of your life <3

Delilah POV

I loaded my arrow at record time and let it fly, striking his heart immediately.

Bang.
dead.

I sprinted out of the water tears pouring from my eyes as I kneel beside her weak body.

She was laying face up and looking into the sky as her shallow breaths mixed in with the sounds of the waves crashing onto the shore.

'Del-Delilah' she rasps in her final moments.

I take her hand into my own.
'Yes Daisy I'm here, I'm right here' I say with tears streaking down both sides of my face.

'C-can you promise me something' she whispers moving her head slightly to look in my direction.

'Anything' I immediately reply.

She lets go of my hand and moves her own to hold my cheek.

'Win, m-make them p-pay' she stutters not breaking eye contact.

I nod into her tiny hand wiping the tears away from my face.

'I'll say hello to your p-parents for you when I-I'm in heaven ok?' She whispers before her eyes close and her chest stops rising.

'Daisy? Daisy! Wake up! No, no your supposed to live! Please Daisy No! I scream placing my head on top of her own.

My whole body starts to shake as I sob uncontrollably.

Make them pay.

I wipe my rosie cheeks and pulled the spear out of her tiny chest gently, I then picked her up bridal style and began walking towards the water.

I was in up to my chest as I kissed her forehead
'You don't have to be afraid of the ocean anymore, now you can swim' I say as if she could hear me.

I kiss three fingers and raise them into the sky, looking up into where I know they will be recording.

A sign of respect. A sign of admiration. A sign of showing someone they are loved.

I retrieve my hand and push her tiny body into the ocean and turn around, walking off and not looking back.

Win, make them pay.

Now I had something else to fight for,
Daisy

I reached the shore and re-tied my wet hair into a low pony tail, I felt numb.

I collected my bow and arrows, the rolls we were supposed to share, my backpack and her hand knife.

I placed her hand knife under the waist band of my pants, you never know when you might need an emergency weapon.

I took off into the jungle.

There were 7 tributes left, me making 8.

I will win these games, one way or another I will get out of here alive.

————————

It is now day 10
7 days since I floated Daisy out to sea.
7 days since I've smiled.
7 days since I've felt something.

I decided to stay within the mountain terrain, the ocean just reminded me of how Daisy died.

3 tributes had died over the past 7 days and I was starting to feel anxious.

The boy from district 3
The girl from district 8
And the girl from district 9

All dead.