LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Delilahs POV

Flashback*

A rough arm gripped my own, hauling me over the top of the boat that arrived to save us.
'Blade! Blade!' I scream into the storm, unable to see if he's made it onto the rescue boat or not.

I start hyperventilating unable to see any of my other family members.

'BLADE!' I scream once he is in my line of vision, running over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

I pull back 'where's Mom and Dad!' I yell hoping he might be able to hear me over the violent sounds of crashing waves.

'Their still on the boat look! MOM! DAD' he calls out to them as they both look up.

'Hurry up! What are you doing? There's no time you have to hurry!' I scream at them, tears pooling from my eyes.

My heart is in my throat as I scream for my loved ones to join us, pleading that they hurry up.

My breathing slows down a little once I see Mom 10 meters away from the ladder.

It happened in slow motion.

One moment Mom was reaching for the life guard with Dad right behind her, the next the whole boat was upside down. A huge black wave showing no mercy crashed down onto those who I loved most.

'MOM!? DAD! Where are you PLEASE HURRY UP! PLEASE' I plead and plead and plead.

Only it's no use

'NO! MOM? DAD!'

———————-

I find myself being shaken violently, my eyes fly open as I'm met with a pair of sea green ones.

'It's ok, your safe' A whisper soothingly rubs circles on my lower arm.

'Wh-who are you' I stutter still confused to whether I'm dreaming or not.

'It's Finnick, your ok' he calmly says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

'Oh, Finnick? Im sorry, you should go back to sleep. Im sorry for waking you' I say trying to keep my own eyes open.

'Not a chance Everdeen, not until your fast asleep. You hear me?' His eyes not leaving mine for a second.

I nod

'I didn't listen to any of their interviews, well except Leo's' I say changing the subject.

'What? Why?' His brows pull together at my statement and change of subject.

His brows pull together when he's confused.

'I don't want to know the people I may have to kill, I don't want to hear about their families or loved ones waiting for their return, I don't want to have to betray anyone. I won't, I can't do it.' I say letting it all out.

'I don't want to be a killer Finnick, I shoot targets not people!' I plead crashing my head onto his chest as I grip the hem of his t shirt.

He lifts my head up by my chin and looks into my eyes.

'There's no difference, everyone in that arena is a target Rosie' he says.

I nod, he's right and it's all because of snow.
'What's, Whats the time?' I question rubbing my blue eyes.

'4am' he replies simply.

'8 hours' is all I manage to say

Only making him hold me tighter.