This is a mistake

Dennis Harrington

Her stubborn brain is getting on my nerves. I don't know how long I could deal with it. Do I need to go that far by blackmailing her? So, she could say yes, every time I ask her? Of course, I wouldn't do that, but her stubbornness is really annoying.

I'm impressed to see Adrianna can keep up with her stubbornness. Maybe she learns from Adrianna herself. After all Adrianna is known cold, stubborn, and demanding in the business world. So, I think Claire learnt that from Adrianna.

I waited in her living room while tapping my foot impatiently on the floor. I looked around her place to waste some time. She doesn't really have much picture only a few. I saw her picture with her mother, the rest is with her colleagues and her best friend.

Her penthouse looks comfortable. White and light grey painted the wall, paintings and ornament decorating the room making it more stylish. I came across a vase filled with flower and most of the flower is an expensive one.

I knew it she loves flowers.

My eyes spotted one familiar fresh-looking flower. It can't be right? My legs made its way to the mini grand piano. Gerbera Daisies, that's the flower I send her 2 days ago. When we grew closer, she told me to stop sending her flowers cause it's annoying. And so, I did for a while, but I continue sending her flower every time I miss her.

When I thought we are on the good terms, she called me and told me to stop sending her flowers. That Gerbera Daisies was the last flower I send to her. I never thought she will keep this flower. I assume she give the flower to her employees. Seeing the flower brought a smile to my face. Behind her cold attitude, she actually has a kind heart but she doesn't show it.

She sure is something.

I never give you the permission to roam around my penthouse." I whipped my head to her direction. The words that I was about to say to her vanish from my mouth. I don't even remember what I was going to say.

Standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking beautiful with that long sparkly black dress. My eyes darted down to her chest. It has a triangle cut around the chest and a high slit. My eyes can stop staring at her. She looks magnificent.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." She heads to the door and that's where I realize the dress is backless. My eyes widen. I walked to her and grab her wrist.

"What the hell are you wearing?" she raised her eyebrow casually. "A dress. Are you blind?"

"It's backless!" she tilts her head to the side. "So?" I looked at her in disbelief. "The slit is enough to show people your legs. And now you want to show them you bare back?" she stares at me coldly. "I can wear whatever the hell I want, Harrington. You have no place to order me. Besides you are the one who wants me to accompany you. So, get over with."

She left me standing there as she exit her penthouse.

"You coming?!" she yells from outside.

This is a mistake.

***

Yup, this is absolutely a big mistake bringing her here.

As soon she steps foot inside the ballroom, all eyes are on her. I don't blame them though, she looks beautiful.

The one that are staring at her are mostly men. Along the way, I glared at them. I place my hand on her waist, telling them that they stare at what is mine. They looked away immediately. "Can you please put your hand away from my waist?" she hissed at me. I ignore her. Instead, I pull her closer to me. My lips tug upwards as I feel her shoot daggers to my direction.

"Mr. Richardson, is really nice to see you." I greeted him and shook hands. "Mr. Harrington, it's been a while."

"Sure is. I want you to meet Claire Amber Rose, she's my d-"

She cuts me off immediately. "Friend. I'm just here to accompany him."

It's really nice to meet you, Ms. Rose. My wife is a big fan of yours." Mr. Richardson proceed to call her wife. Once her wife sees Claire, her eyes widen and they continue to talk about fashion.

I didn't know she was that famous. I mean almost all women are shocked meeting her in person.

We say goodbyes to Mr. and Mrs. Richardson. I lead her to the other guests. After introducing her to them, we walked to our table taking a little break.

"I didn't know you were that famous among these ladies." She sipped her champagne. "You underestimate me, Harrington. You're not the only one people know." I was about to answer her when someone tapped my shoulder.

Turning around, I found my business partner. I stood up and shake his hand. "Mr. Monet, how's New York?" Mr. Monet here is my new business partner from France. Adrian was the one who introduce us. Mr. Monet here owns a hotel. He currently opening his new hotel in New York and he needs the best high-quality furniture.

"It's great. Although I'm not used to the hustle and bustle." I chuckled. "This is Claire Amber Rose."

She shook his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Monet."

"It's good to finally meet you, Ms. Rose. My daughter is obsessed with your collection. She's been dying to buy that gold dress, only to find that is sold out. She wants that for her 18 birthday."

"Your daughter is very kind. Send my thank you to her please. I will send something special for her before her 18 birthday, so she could wear it. But please don't tell her, this is between you and me." Mr. Monet laughed.

"Of course, Ms. Rose."

"I believe there's something you want to discuss with Mr. Harrington."

"You read my mind, Ms. Rose." She chuckled lightly. "I leave you two." I grab a hold of her elbow. "Where are you going?" I whispered to her.

She smiled mischievously. You don't want to make Mr. Monet wait now, do you?" she patted my check then walked away.

I swear there's something going on in her mind.