Did you see the news?

Dennis Harrington

The door of my office swings open and I looked up to see my secretary walked in with a bouquet in her hands. "Sir, there's a flower that has been sent to you." She places the flower on my table. I looked at the flower then sighed. I nodded at my secretary and she leaves. This is the fourth time I send flowers to Claire which she sends it back to me. I don't know the reason why she kept sending it back to me.

Two days ago she even sends me back the flower that I specially pick for her which she chopped off all the flower petals. As the bouquet arrived, I looked at it in disbelief. Immediately, I called her but she kept decline my calls.

This is the very first time a woman kept rejecting me even after I kept sending her flowers. Even the stubborn woman will melt after I send her flowers but Claire, she is not like other women and that's why I am interested in her. She didn't even try to flirt with me to get my attention, not like most women I met that kept introducing themselves to me in order for me to acknowledge their presence.

Claire Amber Rose.

She is a challenge for me, like math problems that need to be solved. Without the math formula, I can't solve the math. Same like Claire, I need to find a way to make her at least not act coldly to me.

But the question is how?

From what I learn from her, she's not the type of girl that easily gets impressed by money, fame, or expensive things. I still have no idea how to impressed her.

The sound of my phone snaps me out from my reverie. I grab my phone from my desk and looked at the caller ID.

"What's up Adrian?"

"Did you see the news?"

I scrunched my eyebrow in confusion. "What news?"

"You better see it." I open google on my computer and type today's news. As the news load, I looked at it in surprise.

Enzo Bianchi was arrested in his penthouse.

"You saw it?"

"Yeah, thanks for telling me. I'll call you later." I ended up the phone call and continue to read the news.

Enzo Bianchi known as Rebecca Harrington's fiance has been found arrested in his penthouse at 2 in the afternoon. The police receive a package of files from what has been known from The Dark Angel. The police didn't explain anything further but from what they say, they found quite a lot of proof that Enzo Bianchi is a part of the mafia.

Grabbing my phone, I walked out of my office and dial my mom. I told my secretary to postpone my meeting for today. "Mom, is Becca okay?" she sighed. "She has been crying ever since she found out about the news."

"I'm on my way there."

"Will do son." I make my way to my car hurriedly after the lift door opens. I head inside my car and drive at a high speed.

I should've known I got a bad vibe from him when Rebecca introduce him to us. I never really liked him from the start because I think he only uses Rebecca for god knows what. I arrived at my parent's house in last than 15 minutes. Jumping out of the car, I make my way inside and find my dad standing near the staircase.

"Dad, where's mom and Becca?"

Dad sighed. "Your mom is reassuring your sister." Suddenly, we heard loud crying coming from upstairs. "I'm going to see Becca."

"Try to cheer her up okay? Don't make her sadder."

"I have my way to cheer her up dad." He glared at me and I sighed. "Fine," walking up the stairs, I make my way to my sister's room and saw the door slightly open. I pushed the door a little wider and saw my mom is hugging my crying sister.

"Becca," I called her, she looked up then cry even more. "Wait, why are you crying again?" I said as I looked confused. I walked to her bed and sat at the edge. "Now I know the reason why you didn't like him!" she then went to hug me and I patted her back.

"There, there, let's not think about it okay?" she let me go to wipe her tears and stuffy nose. "Tell me what do you want, ice cream? Blueberry cheesecake?" when I thought she was already done crying, she cries again. "What? Did I say something wrong?"

She shook her head. "No, it was just blueberry cheesecake is kinda our thing." I cursed under my breath. "Okay, I'm going to buy you food that is not related to him okay?" she nodded and I jump up to leave.

Making my way to my car, I reeve up the engine then drive away. I turn on the radio hoping to fill the quietness with some music but what I heard is the same news about Enzo but what caught my interest they are talking about The Dark Angel.

Who are they?

I remember back then The Dark Angel exposed one of the government who was dealing with the mafia and after they exposed it, the next day the government had been found dead in his cell. No one knows who kills the government but a few speculate The Dark Angel who was the one behind the killing. But that doesn't make sense, why did they exposed him but then kill him afterward?

I arrived at the bakery and bought all my sister's favorite cake then head down to the ice cream shop. After I'm done buying the food, I went back home and make my way upstairs. But what I saw caught me by surprise.

"Claire?"

~~~~

Sorry for the long update :)

Please drop a vote if you guys enjoy it!