As seconds passed a pain in her ankle slowly crept in as the shock from the fall wore off. Being the captain and playing at nationals, Momoka decided to try her best to power through the pain, feeling an overwhelming sense of responsibility to bring her team to victory. From the bench, Shiori noticed there was something off about Momoka's playing. She could tell due to their close friendship and years of playing together, but she couldn't pinpoint what exactly, then it clicked.

More minutes passed with Momoka playing on her sprained ankle until the third quarter ended. In the short break between quarters Shiori went up to Momoka.

Shiori: Momoka, I know you hurt your ankle during the fall in the last quarter.

Momoka: Hah, leave it to you to notice my injury. What are you going to do about it, tell the coach?

Shiori: No. Who am I to tell the coach when I would do the exact same thing. I'll only tell the coach if it causes your performance to jeopardize the entire team. But just know after the game you're going immediately to the medic.

Momoka: I won't jeopardize the team and I was planning on it, don't worry.

Still unaware of Momoka's injury, Coach Inoue kept her in the game for the fourth quarter. Up until this point, Momoka's injury hadn't significantly impacted her playing. Shiori, keeping her words, stayed silent while watching. At this point in the game, Inarizaki managed to pull ahead by ten points. Feeling pressured, wanting to change momentum, Itachiyama called for a timeout.

During the timeout Momoka's poker face faltered. Coach Inoue noticed the falter in her expression and quickly connected the dots.

Coach Inoue: Momoka, come over here.

Momoka: Yes, Coach?

Coach Inoue: Lift your right foot onto the bench. Does this pressure hurt?

Momoka: No.

Coach Inoue: Okay. Now do the same with your left foot. Does this pressure hurt?

Momoka: ...No.

Coach Inoue: Don't lie to me.

Momoka: Yes.

Coach Inoue: Why didn't you say anything? You shouldn't be playing with an injury because what if it's more serious than you think. Do you want to risk prolonging your recovery when we have another tournament in three months? I know you're the captain and a third year, so you feel a sense of responsibility to lead the team, but do you not trust or have faith the team could succeed without you.

Momoka: No, Coach.

Coach Inoue: Okay. You know this means I'm benching you for the rest of the game, right?

Momoka: Yes, Coach.

Coach Inoue: Yume, take Momoka to get her ankle looked at. Atsuko, come over here.

Atsuko: Yes, Coach.

Coach Inoue: I'm putting you back into the game. You'll play until the game is over.

Atsuko: Yes, Coach.

Meanwhile in the audience the boys observed, unsure of the situation happening down below.

Atsumu: Akagi, look, your sister is leaving the court with one of the coaches.

Akagi: Huh, why?

Aran: Didn't she fall earlier?

Kita: She probably left the court to get her ankle looked at.

Suna: If she fell earlier why is she only leaving the court now?

Osamu: Probably tried to play the injury off, but the coach found out.

Omimi: Who's going to replace Momoka for the rest of the game?

Akagi: Probably one of the second years.

Osamu: Or Atsu. Look, she's walking onto the court.

In the fourth quarter, Atsuko took charge of running the plays in place of Momoka, but despite their ten-point lead, Itachiyama caught up, and tied in the final moments. With the score tied the teams went into overtime. In overtime, the teams gave their all to not only win, but to finish with no regrets. By the end of the game, Itachiyama were the ones victorious, moving onto the finals against another Tokyo team.

Later in the tournament, Inarizaki played against the other semifinal loser to determine the overall third place.

After finishing the tournament, the Inarizaki team shed tears, felt regret, and were determined to do better next time. They'll get their chance again in three months.

In the end the Interhigh nationals top three were:

#1 Tokyo team
#2 Itachiyama
#3 Inarizaki