"Knowing Sensei, that might be true." I've been wondering if Leo ever told her about Karai and Splinter. But judging by what she was mentioning right now... I'm so not sure. "He doesn't usually shut down like this. Not for so long." Y/n frowns, hunched over as her elbows dug into her knees. She looked down as she fiddled with the wraps streaming down, loose from her hands now. Her expression matched mine. Even though Sensei's done better in the last month, I've never seen him take so long to get one hundred percent back to normal.

I guess this isn't the kind of thing you completely come back from.

"You'll both talk when you're ready to get past the awkwardness."

"Sooo never?"

"Most likely." I hop of the bench, changing to another subject. "Come on. It's second breakfast. Those bozos might eat up all the bacon before we get there."

"Here." I toss her a water bottle once we get to the kitchen, always making sure she refuels. "Drink. Eat."

"Gee, I'll try." Y/n deadpans, making me chuckle.

Eating isn't really a problem for her anymore. Over the past month she went from starving to cope eating once her appetite finally came back. But no one's worried about it really. She lost a lot of weight and some emotional carbo loading while getting back into training and physical therapy shouldn't hurt.

She filled her plate same as the rest of us, and sat at the table with Leo. I add my share of scrambled eggs to my plate, patting Mikey's head when I sit too. "Thanks, knucklehead."

"Seriously guys you don't have to keep thanking me. Everyone knows I'm the only brother around here who knows how to cook a pancake without burning the kitchen down."

"Great." I look at the others. "He's more annoying when he's well rested."

"Yeah but the food gets better too, so it evens out."

Mikey grins at me when Donnie gives him his excuse, but I just laugh at that dumb, proud look on his face. "All right. I'll be the judge of that."

Leo laughs at my challenge. "It's not like any of us could cook as well as him if we tried."

"Especially not with you in this bloodline." I agree, and Y/n snickers from next to him.

He gives us both his "very funny" look just when her phone starts going off. She glances at the screen laying on the table when she gets a few alerts at once. Her irritation gets even more obvious as she reads each one. She switches it to vibrate and turns her phone over.

Don takes notice from her other side. "They still breathing down your neck?"

"Yeah."

"Who, your school?" Mikey asks.

"Foster Care Services." Her head shakes and she distracts herself with piling up food on her fork. "They want to know why I haven't been at school, and I haven't come up with a good lie yet..."

"Have they been trying to reach you this whole time?" I ask, seeing how tensed her body language became.

"Yeah. Plus I missed last month's check-in meeting. Mr. O'Neil covered me for it but they want to make sure I don't miss it this month."

Leo rubbed a hand on her back when seeing her stress. But Donnie's head cocked to the side. "If you're emancipated, why do you still have to attend these meetings?"

"It's partial. I can live on my own and make most of my own choices, but I'm still legally their responsibility. And my supervisor has no idea what I've been doing for the past two months or why I haven't shown up at school, so."