Part 22

I ran as fast as I could down the hallways, trying to keep the tears from blinding me. I can't let John get to me like that again. Let him touch me like that. I chance a look back and see that no one is following me. Weird. I force my mind from drifting back to what could have happened in that room, and keep running.

I made my way back towards the corridor where I was being kept with Namjoon, Jungkook, Taehyung and Jin. Just as I turned the last corner I ran into a broad chest, only before I could fall the person wrapped their arms around me.

I wasted no time in flipping said person over me into the floor, then straddled them, before I can throw, what I hope would be, a knockout punch, I hear Namjoon yell, "Stop Y/N!"

I look down up at him fear on his face, then down at a very scared Jin, he had his hands up in defense. I could feel him shaking, "Jin, I-I'm sorry. I didn't-"

I got off him as quickly as I could and backed away from them all. Namjoon took a couple steps toward me, "Y/N, its ok. It was an accident."

I took another step back, afraid of myself, that's all I can think about now. How much I've hurt them. I was so blinded by my past, and how its affecting my present.

I take another step, but I'm pulled forward by Namjoon. He wraps his arms around me, and whispers into my ear, "Stop running from us. Let us in, Y/N. We can help you."

I feel a few extra arms wrap around me, I look up from Namjoon's chest to see Taehyung, Jin and Jungkook. All in a tight group hug around me. It's different receiving a warm embrace from four people at once. All of them hug me in different ways, but all give off the same feeling of love.

Something I haven't felt in years. It's time I opened to them, and allow my heart to feel something.

They pull away and Taehyung takes my hand, and looks into my eyes, "Are you ready?"

I wipe my tears with my other sleeve, and nod my head, "Yes. Thank you. First, we go get the others. Then we get the hell outta dodge."

"Do you know where they are?" Jungkook asked.

I remember the way, "Yeah let's go."
They followed me down the corridors. Jungkook was being carried by Jin, since his ankle was wrapped up. Jin wouldn't allow his precious maknae to walk. Their relationship is so endearing. Will I ever be able to have the same? Not if John survives, that much is clear, but I want to live again.

Namjoon said they could help, but how? It's not like they can fight- Wait. I think back to when John first took us, and the guys were surrounded. They fought, and they were winning. So, they know how to fight, and Yoongi knew how to hold that gun without a second's thought. They can speak fluent English, something I have yet to address. They are more than just Idols. Should I ask? Would they even tell me the truth? Why can't I just trust them?

"Y/n? Are you alright?" Taehyung asked me, he looks down to the hand that is still holding mine. I'm squeezing without realizing it. My frustration manifesting. I release a bit, but don't let go.

"Yeah sorry, I was just thinking." I spoke. He opened his mouth to speak again, but I see the door that Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi are behind. I let go and run to the door, I peak into the small window, and call to the first person I see, "Hoseok!"

His head lifts from the cot he was laying on, and he smiled instantly, "Y/n!"

He got up and ran to the door, Jimin and Yoongi following close behind. The small window is filled with smiling faces. Namjoon promptly pulled a set of keys, I look at him confused, "Where did you get those?"

"Remember when I fell into those guards?" He says with a mischievous smirk.

"Didn't know you had that kind of thing in you, Joonie." I say questioningly.