Chapter 48 The Beginning of a War

Start from the beginning

Edward struggles and the guards come forward, pointing their guns at Ashton.
But he stands unfazed, tightening his grip on Edward.

"Why did you lie! Tell me!!"

"I...I was afraid. I am sorry....I...."

"Give me your phone. I will handle this my way."

Ashton seeths, as Edward nods, offering him his pocket.

"Unlock it and dial that bast***"

"But-"

"Call James. Now!!!"

Edward gulps, calling James.

Placing it on speaker.

The bell rings while Edward steps back, asking his men to lower their guns. Rubbing his neck.

"Hello."

James speaks, to make Ashton harden his stare at Edward. Nodding.

"He.. llo..."

"Where is my son Edward?"

James seeths, in no mood of mockery. And Edward answers back.

"He is where he should be. Stop hurting my daughter and he may live."

They hear a chuckling voice.

"Edward, oh Edward. You really think you can blackmail me by kidnapping my Son?"

"Stop this James. If you try to hurt my daughter again, I swear I will cut your son into pieces and deliver it to your fuc* ing doorstep!"

Ashton shows Edward his hand, asking him to remain calm. While there silence for next few minutes.

"Edward Rogers. It seems you have forgotten how I murdered your lover in front of your eyes that night."

"Do you want a repeat of that night with your dearest daughter Vivian this time?"

That was it, Ashton takes the cell. Burning with rage at the man's statement.

"Touch even a single strand of her hair, and I swear to eliminate you from the very world map, James"

"Ashton?"

He exclaims , to make Ashton tighten his grip on the cell.

"Yes. Ashton Lockwood this side. Hope you have not forgotten who I am?"

James chuckles instead.

"Isn't this wonderful? Two father's together to save their daughter? I am touched by your cooperation."

"Ah Ashton, I thought you were intelligent. Why to interfere in a business that doesn't concern you."

"I think you are short of brain cells James. Vivian Klein and anything related to her is my business."

"Especially the man who killed my grand child. Naming it an accident and keeping it a secret."

James scoffs, not afraid.

"Ah that was a mistake. I didn't intend to kill your grandchild. But what to do Ash."

"Your daughter in law was such a bitc* to sleep around with two men together. Making it difficult to identify the father"

But Ashton and Edward rumbled at this.
Nearly screaming together.

"Shut the hell up you fuc*er!!!"

They breathe heavily, looking at each other.

"So protective. I almost pity you guys. But don't worry, I have alot in store already."