Chapter 24

*I rarely ask for votes or comments but this is the last chapter so please spam with votes and lots of comments, it means the world to me :))*

___________________________________________

"Welcome to the Wickeds, Rose."

This has to be a dream. A very, very bad dream. It can't be possible. I saw him. I sae his dead body from my own eyes. I was there at his funeral.

"It.. It can't be." I breathed out.

"I saw you. I....saw your body."

I couldn't breath. It all seemed too unreal.

Casteel raised an eyebrows, a small smirk present on his face.

He looked...cruel.

And then in the most arrogant,mocking voice he said,

"Oh, did you?"

*3 months ago*

I slammed the door of my car, running to the accident spot. My mind still in a haze.

I could see everything but none of it made sense. The only thought in mind was,

'He is safe.'

'He has to be safe.'

By now I was standing in the middle of the crowd, my eyes fixed on the completely destroyed car. Police officers and some locals were covering it.

So many lights were flickering, totally opposing the darkness I was feeling inside.

It was loud, so loud but all I could hear were my thoughts,

'He is safe.'

'He is safe.'

I felt a tug on my arm bringing me out of my thought process.

Jackson.

It was Jackson and standing beside him was Kaci. I couldn't speak. My throat felt heavy. I can't even think about what to say.

'He is safe.'

'Casteel is safe.'

They looked at me worriedly. They looked at me as if I am crazy.

Maybe I was.

My hairs were disheveled, eyes wide, mouth slightly agape trying to make out words.

It was hard to breathe.

Kaci's gaze flickering from me to Jackson and Jackson's eyes set on me.

He looked conflicted, like he wanted to say something to me but couldn't. It seem like he was in a internal battle but then as if defeated he looked down.