■ Chapter 21 ■

We were in a Cafe

We were in a Cafe.

Our visit to Casteel's parents surely has been good and thank fully no one found out our secret. Maddie did cry a lot when we were leaving which almost made me want to stay a while longer. Almost.

I surely developed a connection with that kid in such a small period of time.

On our way back Casteel stopped by a Cafe claiming he was "hungry as hell" and is definitely gonna get us into a crash if he didn't eat anything.

Well him Crashing won't be anything new, will it?

Call me petty but I am still bitter about it.

I was checking our team mate group chat,

'Bitch in your ass😛😛'

Yeah it was made by Jackson, only he has the capability to come up with that kind of group chat names.

And to my no surprise Adrien and Jackson were again talking about the Wickeds.

Wickeds yet again robbed another bank, robbed 10 rich officials in a day without any proof left.

Another bomb attack.

What the hell is the problem with these people?

I looked at Casteel who was eating his food like it was his last meal.

Gorilla.

"Do you know about the Wickeds?" I asked him.

He stopped eating and clenched his jaw. His earlier carefree expression turning into a serious one.

And then he nodded, his eyes not meeting mine.

Ofcourse he knew, he's the best among us. He has to keep his eyes and ear everywhere.

I leaned towards him a little and asked,

"Did you find any information about them?" My voice filled with curiosity.

He looked up at me, his eyes holding a tinge of annoyance.

"I don't do research unless and until I am given the case." He spoke up with a harsh voice.

I squinted my eyes,

"Are you just annoyed because you can't figure out anything about them?" I asked with a smirk.

This is fun. Casteel Alaric August rarely ever gets annoyed. I am enjoying every bit of this.

"It's not that." He replied with that harsh tone still present and continued eating but quite as enthusiastically as before.

I leaned back and rolled my eyes.

"Sure, sure. By the way you really do have to appreciate them and their leader whoever he or she is. They really be doing all this without leaving a trace."