■ Chapter 17 ■

* I am sorry for the wait but here's the new chapter*

"I am sorry Rose, we couldn't save your mom."

That were the words that Mr.Herringsworth said.

The words that destroyed my world.

My mom was the only thing that gave me hope to live but now nothing. What's the point of living when you have no one to look up to, no one who cares for you, no one to love?

I couldn't remember what happened after he told me the news, I just fainted. I couldn't take it.

It's been one week or maybe more, I have no idea.

It's like the whole world stopped for me. I didn't go out of my room. I didn't speak to anyone. I didn't even get up from my bed. I was like an emotionless doll.

I couldn't feel anything.

I didn't cry.

It's like the information hasn't even sinked in. All I could think about was my memories with her. I wanted to scream, shout, cry but I just couldn't.

Casteel.

He has been here.

I don't know why, I didn't ask. But he has been here since that day. He tried talking to me but seeing me just sitting staring at the wall without replying to him made him stop. He didn't talk to me,no.

But he didn't leave either.

He is living at my house but strangely it didn't matter to me. Nothing did.

He cooks for me everyday.

The first time he bought food, I didn't eat. I didn't reject his food but I just wasn't able to. I don't even remember when he bought the food. I just felt so..numb.

And after that he started feeding me. He would forcefully push the food in my mouth. He still talks to me sometimes but I can't pay attention to what he is saying.

I am not sure but sometimes in night when I was in the state of half sleep I thought I saw him sitting on one of the chairs in my bedroom,sometimes I could even feel him hold my hand while I am sleeping but maybe it's just a dream.

The thing that made me feel worse was the fact she did wake up.

Yes. Mom woke up two days before her death.

Mr. Herringsworth showed up one of these days telling that she did wake up and asked all about me. She also left me a note which I haven't read yet, I don't have the courage too.

I wasn't even there when she woke up. I wasn't able to see her for the last time. I have failed her, I am the worst daughter anyone can get.

It was after one week that Casteel was done with my shit.