Chapter 44 Shattering restraints

Start from the beginning

"Shh let me explain! Just wait."

"You Ethan always looked in front...busy chasing your dreams...when..you started developing feelings for Soph..which were beyond friendship....and she became your new dream."

"She became your destination...."

"You were desperate for her...you wanted her ...you couldn't live without her."

"You loved her."

A tear slides down her eyes as she tries explaining. Moving the stick...she next points it at her figure.

"Ahh I even look ugly in the animation."

"Anyways yes so next ...here I was behind you."

"Looking at you all the time...chasing you....very similar to your dream of Sophie."

"Where instead I was chasing you.... hoping to achieve my dream one day... hoping to be loved in return."

Ethan gets up, trying to engulf her. When she stops him.

"Please Vivian...I know I was confused back -"

"You are still confused Ethan. You are still confused."

She points the figure.

"You are only with me because you forgot your dream Ethan... because your dream because unachievable....I am just a replacement...just a rebound."

"The second you find a new dream...you will leave me to follow it..."

"But sorry Ethan...I wouldn't be able to follow my dream anymore...I wouldn't be able to follow you...."

"And by the time you look back?"

She gets up , hearing the water approaching. And steps closer to him. Holding his face in her palms

"I will be gone Ethan...my dream will be lost..... just like that..."

She says looking back at the 3 figures she drew in the sand to only find two there .
The one in the end...the Vivian she drew in the sand...got cleared like a slate by the waves.

Ethan stills, looking at the sand. His mind going numb.

"By the time you look behind you Ethan....I will be gone."

A tear drops down her eyes and he looks down at her. Holding her face in his palms, looking at her in a light he never saw before.

"I am a fuc* ed up man Vivian."

"I never deserved you."

"But now when I am given a chance ....I swear on making myself deserving for you."

She moves her head in a no, stepping back. When he holds her hand. Stopping her.

"You don't Ethan....you don't...you will leave me again."

And that's when he pulls her along, while approaching the figures in the sand.

Opening his hands to see a big wave approaching as it hits his feet.... washing away all the drawings in the sand.

"Sh**! My drawings!"

She exclaims, trying to find the lost figures and drawing them again .

When he crouching down at her level, taking the wooden stick from her hands and smiling.

"Leave it Vivian....there is no need for it. "

"But Ethan you and-"

He touches the tip of the wooden stick on the sand as he starts circling around her....to only stop where he began..right in front of her. Throwing away the stick.