"I'm sorry, but apparently I can't seem to distinguish between my job as Inn Keeper and my job as Maid of Honor," I tell her honestly. And this keeps me busy and not available for anymore random conversations.

   "Maybe I need to remind you," she takes everything out of my hands. "Mila?"

   "Yes ma'am."

   "Do you need Opal right now?" Lily asks.

   "No ma'am," Mila answers with a smile.

     "Great! Let's go!" 

   "AnnaBeth, please do not come and get Opal for anything unless it is a dire emergency. Understood?" Lily is practically glaring at AnnaBeth.  

   "Yes ma'am," she replies.  And with that I'm being dragged out of the kitchen, through the dining area and out on to the back patio. 

   "You can let go of me now," I cry out, attempting to pull my arm away from her. "Good grief woman," I say, rubbing my wrist. "Does Jameson realize how violent you can be?"  I note the look coming from her eyes and instantly regret that question. "Never mind. I don't wanna know about what goes on behind closed doors in your bedroom."

   "Who said anything about a bedroom?" She winks.  

   Nope, I'm done. "I need a drink."

   "I can take care of that for you," comes from that deep familiar voice. I turn to my right and sure enough, Chris has found me. 

   I do my best to not let my eyes linger anywhere on him for very long. Well, that was the plan, but it went out the window when I see a hint of a tattoo over part of his collarbone that is not hidden by his shirt. 'Dang it. Tattoos are a weakness,' I think to myself.  'Eyes up, Opal.'

   "It's okay. I can get it myself," I assure him.  But before I can make a move Jameson comes up along side him.

   "What can we get you fine ladies tonight?" Jameson asks us both.

   "I'll take a beer," Lily tells him

   "Shirley Temple for you, Opal?" Chris says with a smile. I guess he thinks that joke will never get old.

   Okay, fine. I give.

   "Coke please," I answer with a thin lipped smile. 

   "Why don't y'all go find us a spot at one of the pits?" Jameson suggests. 

   "I think that sounds like a great idea," Chris agrees while looking directly at me, nodding his head.

   "Love it! I am getting hungry after all," Lily chimes in. 

   "Okay, well you go get seats, boys you get drinks and I'll go back into the kitchen and grab the food." I start to turn away only to be stopped again, but this time by Jameson.

   He puts both hands on the tops of my shoulders and looks me directly in the eyes. "Opal, go sit down."

   The debate of whether to argue with him or just do as he asked is starting to fester. I open my mouth but am stopped midway. "There's a couple of spots over there!" Lily points out and starts walking, my hand in hers.

   "Do you think you both could be ANY more obvious?" I ask her as we walk across the yard. The fire pit with the empty seats are all the way in the back of the property, just before the carriage house. 

   "We just want you to get to know him. That's all," she pleads. "Think of it this way. He's in your territory now. This is your area of expertise. Be comfortable around him. We're all here, we won't let anything happen."

Every New Beginning... (Chris Evans AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें