Love

Kai and Nathan was trying to calm Lucas down and made him sit down on the bench in the park. Lucas was mad. Nathan trying to distract him asked, "Hey, do you have someone you like?"
"What? Why are you asking so suddenly?", said Kai.
"Trying to change the atmosphere", said Nathan. "Now tell me do you have any? "
"I have someone but I won't tell you", said Kai.
"Ah, come on tell me", pouted Nathan. " What about you Lucas?" Nathan's eyes was wide and he was eager to know his answer.
"I like steamed buns", said Lucas happily.
"I am not talking about that", said Nathan. "I am talking about someone you like", Nathan tried to explain.
Lucas was still clueless.
"What does it mean to like someone?"
"It's-um, when you want to make them happy or you feel warm and safe around them."
"I don't know what you are talking about", said Lucas bluntly.
"For someone who has never been in a relationship You are very knowledgeable about this", said Kai impressed.
But nathan was fixated on knowing.
"Then when I say love, who comes to your mind?", asked Nathan.
Kai blushed, his face went red. "Don't you have something else to ask?", he said shyly.
"Why the hell are you blushing?", yelled Kai.
Lucas! Did noone come to your mind?!", yelled Nathan losing his patience.
"Huh?", lucas couldn't understand him.
"Anyone you think whose smile is cute?!", yelled Nathan hoping to get an answer for the last time.
"Cute smile...?", The words Ellen said to Lucas,"Your smile is cute", flashed through his mind. His cheeks went rosy pink.
"If someone tells you, your smile is cute, does that mean they like you?", asked Lucas softly.
"Probably", replied Nathan. "Did someone say that to you?", asked Nathan. But Lucas didn't answer.
"Did she say that to him?", thought Nathan and he fell into a pit of darkness. He was standing stiff as a statue, if touched he could break into pieces.
"What's the matter with him?", asked Lucas.
"Don't worry about him", said kai sighing.
"I am going back", Lucas told kai and went on his way.

Lucas was walking down the street when he saw Ellen coming towards him on a bicycle. As soon as she Lucas, she stopped.
"Ah, Lucas", she dithered. She had nothing to say to him and no reason to stop. She didn't know what she should say now as she called him on instinct.
"Are you going somewhere?", asked Lucas.
"Ah, yeah", said Ellen.
"Where are you going?"
"I am just taking a walk."
She was little angry with him, something about him was irritating her but she wanted to take the chance.
"Want to ride with me?", asked Ellen.
"On this?"
She nodded.
"If you don't mind", she asked.
"Okay", he said still a little uncertain.
Ellen took the front seat while Lucas sat behind her. He sat with his back to her back.
"You are sitting like this?"
"What?", he seemed not to hear her.
"Ah, nothing", she said.

As the air flew through them
As Ellen felt Kai's back leaned against her back, her heart gave a jump. Her face was burning but she didn't disliked it. She felt warm and nervous and more other emotions, she couldn't describe at the moment.
"Ellen", Lucas called her softly, "do you like me?"
Ellen mind went blank for a second as she heard these words, she lost control of the bicycle making it wobble. Coming back to her senses, she controlled it as soon as she could before they fell to the ground.
"What are you saying all of a sudden?!", yelled Ellen.
"Nathan said if you think someone's smile is cute, you like them", said Lucas gently. "You thought my smile was cute so..."
Ellen didn't know how to answer. "That Nathan why did he have to say something like this to him but seriously, Is he this dense?", she thought. She neither said anything nor looked up. Her face was red, she kept riding, blushing heavily.
"When you think someone's smile is cute, you don't necessarily love them", Ellen replied nervously.
"Then what does it mean to love someone?", he asked softly. His back was still against her back.
"How do I say this?", thinking heavily."
"When you truly fall in love with someone, you want to make her happy. You feel safe and warm around her.  "Someone you can trust. Someone you know would never leave you. You will do anything to make them smile, you will feel like you want to make them happy. But above all, you can share your heart with them. Even If the person is sometimes irritating or annoying your love would not lessen. You would always want to be there for her no matter what. 
"How is it possible to feel all this for a stranger?", asked Lucas.
"It doesn't happen overnight. Even with our family, we love them from the start as they take care of us. Our love grows for them gradually as time goes by. It's just when you meet your person, you feel complete. There is a connection, you feel as if you have known each other for so long. But with them too, love grows slowly. When they care about you or are there for you when you need them, you start to love them more. But in the end no matter who you love whether it's your father, mother or sibling or partner or anyone else, you never want to lose them."
"Then love is scary", said Lucas.
"Why?", asked Ellen. She knew the answer but she wanted to know if he was thinking thing.
"Because no matter what that person is going to leave you one day", said Lucas without any emotion.
"It's true, no matter how much you try to hold onto them, one dat they would be gone", Ellen said. " But that's what makes them precious. We know they would be gone, so we try to care for them or spend time with them as much as we can and while we can. It's difficult and bitter but we can't do anything about it."
"This system is cruel, isn't it? The person who gave so many precious memories will become a memory one day. The more memories we would make, the more it would hurt.", said Lucas.
"The system is cruel, it's true. But we would be happy that we would have memories to cherish. That we spent time with them. They would always be in our heart.
It's not meaningless. Love is scary but it's beautiful too. When you feel like you don't want to move, love will make you move. When you feel scared, love will give you courage. In my eyes loving someone is a blessing. It gives life a meaning. Love fills our empty hearts. When you have someone by your side, you feel as if you can go beyond your limits. When I remember my parents, I sometimes cry or sometimes laugh but I have never regretted loving them."
"I have never regretted loving my father too", said Lucas after some thinking, "But without people we love, our life is meaningless."
To this Ellen didn't say anything because there is nothing to contradict this statement. Love is scary and painful yet beautiful and warm. Sometimes it gives scars but sometime it heals. It's a mystery. Why do we love?
Humans are fragile, a slave of their emotions. If their hearts want to fall in love, It does. Whether it is the wrong person or right person. But we need love to keep living. We are born alone but we can't live alone.
People can fill their lives with anything. But in the end love is the only thing that will fill your heart. It is scary but it's beautiful.
"I need to go somewhere", Lucas said.
"I'll get down now. "
Ellen stopped the bicycle, Lucas got down.
"Bye", Ellen said.
"Bye and thanks for the ride", said Lucas and he went on his way.