xxxii.

chapter thirty-two.

"For the love of god, listen to me!"

Matthias snapped at Klaus and Klaus' eyes widened as Matthias has never been one to yell at him, ever. Even when they were kids, he rarely ever yelled at Klaus and when he did, Klaus knew that he was in for it.

"It isn't going to work!" Matthias told him again. "Their bodies are rejecting the change and we're going to have to kill them because they're going to turn rabid on us."

"We don't know that." Klaus stressed to his brother.

Matthias glared at him. "I do!" He snapped. "I'm the one who practiced magic remember? I'm the one who knows this shit more than you!" He raged. "So fucking listen to me!" He demanded.

"What would you have me do?" Klaus asked him with a sigh. "They're already fed and turned."

"Gloria." Matthias told him and Klaus made a face at the name. "She's the only one who could possibly help us."

Klaus nodded his head, "Fine. Let us deal with this and we shall go and see her."

Matthias nodded his head and watched as Klaus killed Derek. His girlfriend was walking over to Klaus and Matthias instantly moved closer to his little brother.

"Careful, love." Klaus warned her. "We're the alpha's here."

Suddenly they all started moving towards Klaus and Matthias, making Klaus see that Matthias was indeed right. Their eyes were all still bleeding, and they looked so out of it that Klaus almost felt bad.

"Bloody hell." Matthias and Klaus cursed together before going into a full-on fight with the wolves.

Matthias and Klaus worked together on ripping out their hearts with ease. Matthias grunted when he was tackled from behind, Klaus looked at him and was about to rush over when he was tackled too. Matthias' eyes widened when he realized they were attempting to overpower one of them and their target was Klaus.

Matthias wasn't about to let that happen and he tossed a vampire off of him when the strangest thing happened, every hybrid that was on him, had their heads snapped and they fell to the floor unconscious.

Klaus' eyes widened when he saw it happen and Matthias looked at his hands in confusion, that shouldn't have been possible. Matthias dared to try again and watched in awe when ripped out the heart of another wolf who was aimlessly walking around.

"I have my magic?" Matthias whispered to himself, and Klaus noticed his switch turning back on by the simple revelation.

Klaus knew that Matthias loved his magic, he remembered the tricks and things he did with Kol when their father wasn't looking to torment them. Klaus knew better than anyone that Matthias was a master of the craft, it was something the male was proud of and then when they were turned, it was gone.

Neither of the two understood how Matthias suddenly came to realize that he has his magic, but Klaus decided that they would figure it out later. Quickly finishing off the rest of the wolves that wanted to attack them, Klaus rushed over to Matthias and looked him over.

"Are you alright?" Klaus asked him. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

Matthias shook his head and Klaus noticed how his eyes were watering. "I have my magic." He breathed out before letting out a laugh. "Oh my god."

Klaus watched as the wind around them began to pick up, the trees swayed in one direction as Matthias channeled the nature around them. Matthias stopped and let out a laugh, unaware of how Klaus was happy for him, as he stood to his feet.