xxxi.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter thirty-one.

Matthias was texting Katherine while Klaus and Stefan lingered behind him, talking to one another. He didn't really feel like talking, there was no reason when Stefan was being quite insufferable about everything.

"Oh, look we're here." Matthias said when he entered a clearing full of people.

They all look at him in question until Stefan stepped up next to him and dropped Ray onto the floor. With eyes filled with concern for their friend, a girl rushes to his aid, his name leaving her lips in a panic.

"Ray!" She ran over to him, a man right behind her. "Oh, my God. What's going on?" She whispered breathlessly. "Who are you?" She asked Stefan and Matthias.

Niklaus then let his presence be known, "The more important question should be, who am I." Klaus told her. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus and that is my twin brother Matthias."

The woman and the man beside her moved away from Ray and began to back up. "You're the twin hybrids." She noted and Matthias smirked at her fear.

"You've heard of us." Klaus smiled. "Fantastic."

"Don't scare them, Nik." Matthias scolded while sitting down on a log which Stefan and Klaus did as well. "Let's just tell them what you want and be done with it."

Klaus glared at him in annoyance as he remembered how much he loathed Matthias with his humanity off. "Excuse my brother, he's been in a mood all summer." Klaus told them. "It's fascinating, actually... A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Ray suddenly woke up with a gasp. "Excellent timing, Ray." Klaus spoke as Ray rolled onto his stomach. "Very dramatic."

Ray took in his surroundings, he was still confused on what had happened since his memories were all a blur at the moment. "What's happening to me?"

"Stefan?" Klaus said and Stefan forced a tight smile.

He stood from his spot and looked at the group. "Are any of you human?" He asked, "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Stefan explained.

"Doesn't take much, just a sample." Klaus added. "Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Silence, no one dared to speak as their entire bodies were full of fear. Klaus looked at a man, "You."

The man had no time to react as Klaus bit into the man's forearm before tossing him to Stefan who then slammed him to the ground. The woman from earlier protests and went to help him but Klaus easily subdued her.

Matthias was still sitting on the log texting Katherine as he's been all morning, a small chuckle left his lips at the message she had sent him before he tucked his phone away and forced himself to listen to what was happening.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will." Stefan told him. "Problem is I don't know how to stop."

"It's the new order, sweetheart." He told her. "You join us, or you die."

"I'd rather die than be a vampire." She told him.

"Wrong choice." He told her before biting into his wrist and feeding her his blood just as Ray bit into his friend. "She'll thank me for that later." Klaus said before snapping her neck with ease. "Okay, who's next?" He asked as his eyes glowed, and his fangs were out.

It took less than 20 minutes for Matthias and Klaus to feed the wolves their blood and kill them. Matthias would usually have no part in it, but Klaus was glaring at him, and he was one to make his brother happy no matter the cost.