xxx.

chapter thirty.

Matthias and Stefan were taking turns throwing darts at the chained-up Ray, the man was groaning in pain after Matthias had his turn and landed a dark in his chest.

"Come on, that was good one." Matthias laughed making Stefan chuckle as he twirled his next dark into the wolfsbane concoction.

Stefan finished twirling the dart in the liquid before standing up straight and heading over to stand where Matthias once stood. He aimed precisely before releasing the dark and it landed in Ray's neck making the wolf even more upset. He groaned and pulled at the chains restraining him, attempting to break free but it was of no use.

"Ray." Stefan called out to him. "You can ended this right now." He told him while walking forward and grabbing a dart. "Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon." He finished while pulling out the dart that he just threw.

"I can't." Ray panted breathlessly.

"I know, I know, you live by a code and all that. But see, he's not going to let me stop until you tell me, and I do whatever he says. That's the way it goes around here." Stefan explained to him.

A woman suddenly approached Klaus and Matthias, "Hello Mr. Mikaelson's." She greeted before leaning closer to them. "I have some information for you. You told me to tell you if I saw anything, and I saw that guy's brother Damon at the farmhouse."

Matthias and Klaus shared a look before Klaus spoke up, "Well thank you Claudine. You just tell your friends to keep up the good work with the neighborhood watch, huh?"

With that she left, and Stefan walked over to them. "My brother's still on our trail?" He asked.

"He's getting closer." Klaus told him. "I'm going to have to deal with that."

Stefan stopped him when he made a move to leave. "No, no, no. Let me handle it."

Klaus looked at him. "Why should I let you leave?" He asked.

"'Cause you know I'll come back to you." Stefan told him as if it was obvious.

"Do I?" Klaus questioned.

"You saved my brother's life." Stefan reminded him. "I'm in your service."

"Oh, that almost sounds so tedious and indentured." Matthias stated and Klaus agreed.

"Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" Klaus asked him while motioning towards Ray.

"I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us anymore." Stefan promised before leaving.

"Oh, you better, or Matthias will deal with it." Klaus called after him and Stefan felt his stomach twist at that.

"Now, let's make him sing like a canary, brother." Klaus smirked and Matthias cheered.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Stefan was waiting for Damon, he hated having to do this, but he needed Damon to stop. For the sake of keeping Damon alive and not to face Matthias seeing as the vampire had his humanity off.

Damon was looking around for Andie but couldn't find the girl anywhere, his eyes landed on Stage 3, and he had this feeling that he would find her there. Opening the door and walking inside, he didn't understand where she had gone. Hadn't she been the one to call him there? To ask for a ride?

"Stefan." Damon said.

"Hello, brother." Stefan greeted with his arms behind his back.

"You don't write. You don't call." Damon told him.