xxi.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter twenty-one.

Elijah.

Elena and Matthias had awoken Elijah from his daggered sleep and Matthias knew that this was where it all would come to light. He knew that once reunited with Elijah, things would have to be shared with Elena and even though he told her this, she promised that she would listen before judging.

Matthias parked the car, Elijah was sitting shotgun which made Elena sit in the backseat, not that she minded. He was drinking out of his fifth blood bag provided by Matthias, which gave his skin color.

"You look better." Elena commented as he finished.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asked them both.

"We'll tell you everything." Elena promised. "But we have to work together, Elijah." She said. "I need your word." She pleaded softly.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." He told her before looking at Matthias. "And you, you betrayed me."

"You were coming for my girl." Matthias told him with a scoff, not missing how Elena fought back a smile. "What did you expect me to do brother?"

"Look, no demands." Elena intervened before they could begin fighting. "I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."

Elijah continued to look out the windshield, not meeting their gaze again. "And why should I even consider this?" He asked them.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me." Elena told him making him look back at her. "You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

Her phone started to ring making both Elijah and Matthias share an annoyed look as she answered the phone. The two didn't speak as they listened to her conversation with Stefan, Matthias couldn't help but smirk when Elena told him that she wasn't alone, that Matthias was with her, and he could hear the hurt in Stefan's voice at this.

Finally, after another moment, Elena ended the call. Matthias held out his hand and Elena gave him a look before she reluctantly handed him her phone.

"He's here." Matthias sighed after tucking away Elena's phone.

Elijah was alarmed by this, "Klaus is here."

"He's taken over Alaric's body." Elena added in.

"Of course." Elijah scoffed. "One of his favorite tricks."

"Well, what are his other tricks?" Elena pleaded. "What is he going to do next?" She asked them both, "You two are the only ones who know him."

"Yes, we do." Matthias commented. "But first, we should get you a change of clothes." Matthias said. "Wouldn't you agree brother?"

Elijah nodded his head, "I know just the place."

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Arriving at the Lockwood's, Elena was confused but Matthias was neutral about it. Elijah rang the doorbell and they waited for a moment before Carol opened the door.

"Elijah, Elena." She greeted with surprise. "What are you doing here?" She took in Elijah's appearance. "What happened?"

"I've had a bit of an incident, Carol." Elijah told her. "I'm hoping you could help."

Carol looked unsure, "Well, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I—"

Elijah cut her off by looking into her eyes, "We won't take but a minute of your time."