I give her some side eye. How much of a 'gentleman' is he if he's sucking your face off within five minutes of meeting him? I guess it could've been worse.

"What? He was! He even text me to check on me this morning," she affirms showing us her phone. "By the way, Lily, I'm gonna need a plus one."

"Like hell you are. Those numbers were locked in a month ago," she shoots back.

"He can have my seat. I'll sit in his lap." Laura always has a solution for everything. I pat her hand, knowing the wrath of Lily is about to explode. She just looks up at me, shrugging her shoulders.

And this began a fifteen minute rant from the bride-to-be. The free feeling, party weekend was officially over.

~~~~~
Chris POV

It's been a rare, quiet night in our district. Cooper and I pull the cruiser into a space at Egg Harbor and wait for Spencer and Janie. We decided to all meet for an early breakfast before going our separate ways for the day before our next shift tonight.

   I turn the car off and turn a bit to face my partner. "So."

   Cooper looks back at me. "What?"

    "One of the women you hit on Saturday? Do you remember the one in a black number? Short, curled, brown hair?"

   I watch his face, trying to calculate. Apparently he hit on several. "Not sure I recall."

   "You asked what her sign was?"

  The light bulb goes off in his thick skull. "Oh yeah! She was the friend of the girl in pink. Now that woman was gorgeous."

   "Wait. Which woman was gorgeous?"

   "The one in pink." He looks at me like I'm crazy. "Who did you think I was talking about? Her friend? Nah. That was the one I'd have been doing a favor."

   I want to punch him. "One, you wouldn't have been able to land her, no matter what line you used. Two, she was freaking amazing."

   "Wait a minute. How do you know her?"

   "That's who I was talking to before you and Janie dragged me on stage!"  I jump out of the car, slamming the door.

   Cooper follows me out of the car. He looks back at me confused. "Are you sure? I mean the girl I hit on wouldn't have caught your attention. I've seen the girls you've dated."

"You also see I'm not with any of them, right?"

   He just shakes his head and goes into the restaurant. "Hey Whit!"

   "Hey fellas. You can take your usual spot," she says motioning over to our table.

   As soon as we sit down the bells over the door jingle from the entrance of Janie and Spencer. "Were y'all as busy as us?" Janie asks.

I shake my head. "Surprisingly slow, especially for a Sunday night."

"I wish it had been slow. I'm still trying to recover from Saturday night," Spencer mentions with a yawn.

"Well, let's eat and call it a day," Janie says as Whitney walks over with four large coffee cups.

"The usual?" Whitney asks us, grabbing her pad and pen.

We all nod in agreement as Spencer's phone goes off.

"Who in the world is texting you this early?" Cooper attempts to look over Spencer's shoulder.