chapter 2 - she didn't know

Carina had received an email a few days ago regarding working part-time down a station 19 on some sort of new surgery on wheels this they had just gotten. Carina had heard things going around the hospital and knew vaguely about what it was about but had never really considered it as she loved her job at Grey Sloan. She knew there was no harm in going down there and having a look and had been waiting for a free shift.

Maya's POV

I was now waiting on an answer for the last offer I had given out but due to the fact Dr Deluca hadn't shown up yet, I had assumed she wasn't interested and was starting to consider doctors from other hospitals. Despite how much I hated the idea, I didn't have much of a choice if I wanted to get the PRT running.

As I was sorting through paperwork at my desk, I noticed a tall brunette woman that I didn't recognise walk into the station. I quickly got up to go greet her and find out what she came for as nobody was at reception

"Hey, I'm captain bishop, can I help you" Maya questioned as Carina looked up and locked eyes with her.

"Hi captain Bishop, I'm Dr Carina Deluca, I got an email from you a few days ago?" Carina responded while giving Maya a confident smile.

"oh, yes! I'm sorry, I completely forgot, the team is actually out on a call right now so I can give you a tour around while it's quiet if you want?" Maya replied nervously as the doctor looked deeply into her eyes.

"sure, id love that!" Carina replied

Carinas POV

Maya had shown me around the PRT and I was completely taken back by the amount of tech they managed to get onto a portable truck.

"This is amazing!" Carina exclaimed while still admiring the truck.

"Is there any chance you would be interested?" Maya asked nervously

"I-" Carina started before being cut off by a desperate Maya

"I know that it a lot and the hours may be complicated, but I will work it out with bailey and make sure that you still have enough time to do everything you want to at grey Sloan, and it will only be half time so you won't need to be here too much if you don't want to be" Maya quickly blurted out internally praying that Carina accepts her offer.

"I would love to captain bishop!" Carina replied holding her hand out for Maya to shake

Maya's POV

I was so happy to have finally found someone to work the PRT but at the same time, I was filled with fear as I stared at Carina's hand out in front of me.

"I'm sorry, I don't really do handshakes" I replied cautiously as I saw Carina had lower back down to her side.

"its ok Bella, anyway I better be getting back to the hospital, my shift is starting soon" carina replied, seeming fine with Maya's response.

I took a breath as I started walking Carina over to the front entrance, knowing that carina seemed to move right past the handshake and not ask any questions. We were saying our goodbyes and Carina was turning to leave as she finally said.

"ok, ill see you soon Bella" and placed her hand on my shoulder.

As soon as I could see she had left I stormed into my office and immediately felt my chest getting tighter. ever since I could remember I've not wanted anybody to touch me. I don't know exactly why but I knew that it scared me tremendously. I lent my back against the wall and slowly sat on the floor feeling it become increasingly harder to breathe.

Almost immediately, the team got back from their call and I heard andy walking over. Andy is the only person to know that I don't like being touched but the rest of the team took the hint and no longer try to.

Andy walked in and shut the door behind her and kept her distance knowing what most likely caused this.

"Maya, it's just me what happened?" Andy questioned looking at me in a state on the floor

"It- she- she didn't know- but-" I reply in between sobs even though I know even Andy won't know what I'm talking about.

"Breath Maya, breath" Andy said trying to calm me down enough to explain what happened.

When I'd calmed down enough I managed to explain with a few more words what happened.

"Another doctor came by. She didn't know I don't like it but-" I say feeling myself get worked up again

"its ok Maya, I know" Andy comforted still sat on the other side of the room