Lost for words, Jungkook could only stare blankly at the person whose words he had once trusted, the person who took him in during his worst years, who led him, influenced him, but apparently despised him all this time.
Worst of all, Jungkook slowly realized that he really hadn't been that much of a better person. He, too, had conflicting emotions towards Jimin in the past.
Even if he ultimately felt a slowly blossoming kind of affection towards his sweet miracle fox, he was still just as horrible for letting himself be blinded by the unjustified bitterness he felt.

Folding in on himself, he curled up in a ball with his head tucked between his arms, legs pulled up to his chest as he whimpered a broken, "I'm sorry…" which only seemed to fuel the rage Yoongi's father felt.
"Shut up! What the fuck are you sorry for?!"

The younger didn't seem to listen. All he did was rock back and forth while squeezing his eyes shut. Even now, he still saw Jitae's face in front of his closed eyes. He saw the sadness, the desperation, the love in his eyes that Jungkook's child self chose to ignore in favor of having someone to blame.

He couldn't help but wonder if, maybe, the reason why the fox ended his own life wasn't to be a coward and flee from the responsibility of what he had done.
Maybe… He simply didn't want to leave the pup he loved so much with blood on his hands and the guilt of having taken a life.

"I'm so… So s-sorry… Jitae Hyungie… Jiminie… sorry…"

In the state he was in, Jungkook didn't notice how the older had again lifted his ax. His eyes were flashing bright red while he continued to growl at the young Alpha over and over again, yelling at him to shut the hell up and be quiet.
Before he could hurt Jungkook, though, something quick and small jumped at the leader's throat, sharp fangs ripped into his skin.

With a loud scream, the man stumbled backwards before finally grabbing the tiny bundle of pink fur and slamming it against the ground where Jimin uncurled with a pain induced squeak that even captured Jungkook's attention, making his head snap up an instant, face turning pale.
"Jimin!"

The familiar name hadn't even fully rolled from his tongue when Jungkook's body was already changing. Next thing he knew, Jimin heard a piercing howl, followed by a growl and then he saw Jungkook's wolf form jump in front of him, shielding him from whatever attacks they faced.
Yoongi's father wasn't far behind them, though. He too had turned and, much to Jimin's horror, his wolf form was easily double Jungkook's size.
Suddenly, he understood why everyone was so scared to go against the cruel man. Jimin himself felt like he was frozen in fear, the fox in him terrified to face this mountain of a creature that could easily rip off his head with a single, well placed bite.

But no, Jungkook wouldn't even give him a chance to get close to the cowering fox.
As aggressively as he could, the young Alpha growled and hissed, head lifted high to make himself seem as big as possible but, despite all warnings, the fight itself was a short one. With a single swipe of his paw, the older sent Jungkook to the ground before grabbing his leg with his teeth and whirling the howling boy around like a helpless doll he tried to rip apart.
In the end, Jungkook couldn't even get up anymore. All he could do was lie there. Lifeless.

Seeing this, Jimin felt shocked to the core. Even in his worst nightmares, he had not believed any leader would be capable of torturing one of their own like Yoongi's father did.
He didn't want to see Jungkook die… but what should he do? What could he do?
In front of this beast, he was nothing but a mere bug beneath the Alpha's paw. One that would easily be squashed.
Still, he couldn't give up either.

The fox once again jumped on the huge wolf and desperately clawed into his fur. If he couldn't win, he'd at least distract him for a while. Long enough for Jungkook to hopefully somehow save himself.
Well, that was the plan, anyway. In reality, Jungkook could barely lift his head, even less run away.