Chapter 32 Unveiled

Começar do início

Merely nodding,she lowers her eyes to only see his knuckles all bloody.

Worry covers her features as she looks up at him.

"Ethan. What happened to your hand?"

He follows her stare to look at his hand, to only shrug with indifference.

"It's nothing."

But she could see it was not just nothing. They were all bloody ,like he has punched something or rather someone continuously.

Majority blood has been dried and formed a scalp ,while new blood was still escaping the cracks.

Seeping through.

"It's all bloody Ethan. How can you be like this?"

.
.
"I deserved this."

He says staring at her green orbs and she narrows her eyes in confusion. Not able to understand him.

Sighing,she just pulls him along to the bedroom, making him sit.

His eyes follow her every movement,as she talks to herself while getting the first aid for him.
Calling him somethings on the line of irresponsible and childish.

"Show me your hand."

She orders with hands placed on her waist. To only have him stare at her, while clenching his fist and refusing to offer it.

"Ethan"

She tries to say sternly to only have him lower his eyes.

"No need. It's not that bad."

"I didn't ask you Ethan. I said show me your hand."

He can't help remember, the day when he had a fight with Elijah in the school days because of Sophie. How Vivian tended to his injuries... despite the fact that he punched her by mistake that day.

She was still the same.

No matter what all horrendous things happened to her, she kept her goodness alive.
She didn't let the darkness around her to engulf her.

Instead she ignited her own light.

And this alone is the very quality of a strong person.

She was way more stronger than she knew, she was a warrior , not a savior.

A fighter, not a survivor.

Grabbing his hand, she held his bloody hand in her soft fingers.
Using cotton to clean it first.

He didn't flinch,when she applied the anticeptic next.

Still staring at her, lost in thoughts of reverence.

"Does it hurt?"

She asks, looking up and he doesn't reply for a minute. Ignoring his weird self,she starts wrapping it in a bandage when he surprisingly answers.

"It does....but "

"Nothing compared to what I gave you."

Her hand stills and the bandage drops from her hands. Closing her eyes, she tries to calm herself.

Few minutes of silence pass with neither of them saying anything.

To only have her to get up to leave.

"You didn't answer my previously question Vivian."

"Where did you go?"

She looks at him with a questioning look. Trying to act cool and natural.