Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Please Carina" Maya closed her eyes tightly trying to stop herself from crying "Please, I need you to leave"

Carina nodded her head, but before she left she cupped Maya's jaw with her hand tiling it upwards, she pressed a soft loving kiss to her lips. Maya hesitantly kissed her back slightly. She loved having Carina's lips on hers, they were so soft, she always tastes good. Every kiss was full of love, everything about Carina was love.

Carina pulled away from Maya's lips, she gave her hand a tight squeeze and walked out the office. Maya didn't want her to leave but right now she needed space, she needed time to think.

The shift went on, Maya didn't have to go out on anymore calls. Whilst the full team were out Maya decided to hit the gym, she knew if Carina or Andy were here they wouldn't let her.

She changed into some shorts and a tank top and hit the treadmill. She turned the speed to medium and worked her way up to a sprint. She wasn't aware how long she had been there until a figure in the doorway knocked her out of her own thoughts. She pulled her ear phones out "Herrera" Maya sighed.

"Are you okay Maya?" Andy came in and sat next to the runner.

"Mhm" Maya nodded.

"The whole station heard you yelling at Carina earlier"

"She'd done wrong, I was doing my job" Maya shrugged.

"It wasn't just that though was it" Andy sighed "I can tell Maya"

Maya hopped off the treadmill and pushed Andy off the bench so she could use it. Andy stood behind her to spot her.

"It's so frustrating" Maya breathed as she done one rep.

"What is?"

Maya sighed, "I don't know, she could have died earlier"

"But she didn't Maya, if that was one of us would you be so... so stressed?"

"Yes, you're my team, you think I would purposely put any of you in danger?" Maya snapped "After Vasquez died on my watch? Do you really think I would do that again?"

"Vasquez wasn't your fault Maya" Andy sighed

"Well you blamed me for it, the whole team did" Maya said after doing another rep.

"Okay... yes we did. I can't deny that we didn't Maya but..."

"But what Herrera?". Maya sat up and wiped her face with a towel.

"You love her Maya, I get it okay"

"No" Maya shook her head hesitantly. "Do I?" She questioned herself.

"Of course you do. Talk to your girlfriend Maya" Andy tapped the blonde on the back and left the gym.

The shift went on and it was turning night time. Maya finished up her paperwork and decided to have a lay down. She didn't think coming back to work would make her so tired. She felt exhausted.

She laid in her bunk trying to sleep but her mind kept wandering. The ceiling was suddenly very interesting.

Her door crept open, "Bambina" Carina whispered.

"Carina" Maya sighed. "What are you doing here?" She whispered.

"I'm tired but I couldn't sleep" the brunette's shrugged "I can't sleep if you're not next to me" the Italian pouted.

Maya moved over and lifted the blanket up for her girlfriend to climb in. Carina quickly stripped off and climbed in next to her. She wrapped her body around the blondes and tucked her head in her neck. The blonde didn't hug her back, her arms lay next to her body.

"I didn't die Maya, I'm okay, I'm right here" Carina whispered kissing her neck.

"I know" Maya sighed.

"Will you hug me back? I missed you" Carina pouted. Maya looked down at her girlfriend, her big brown eyes staring back at her. She wrapped her arms around the doctor, her one hand running through her long brown hair.

"Will you kiss me?" Carina whispered. Maya let out a deep breath and leant forward pressing a sloppy kiss to her girlfriends lips. The kiss lasted longer than anticipated, Carina slipped her tongue into the blondes mouth, causing a little moan to escape.

"Carina" Maya moaned "I'm so tired, can we just sleep please?" She asked as she pulled away from the brunette.

"Of course" Carina gave her one last peck and laid on her chest. Her hand up Maya's shirt holding onto her boob.

"Carina?" Maya mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"I uh- I think I love you"

A/N

Carina's okay! I'm not that much of a asshole 😂

Sorry this ones a little short than usual 😬

STATION 19 DAY!! I hope Carina kicks the shit out of Sullivan!