Everyday

This is a terrible and boring chapter. I know you're thinking 'Joy you could never write that' but oh! Yes I did dear reader and I'm sorry.

Read, don't read it's entirely up to you.
***********************************

Donovan followed Link into their math classroom and nearly collided with him when Link stopped abruptly.

"Woah," Link breathed out.

Donovan started to ask what Link was talking about but held in his question as he looked to the front of the room. Standing next to their teacher was one of the most beautiful girls Donovan had seen before. He knew she didn't go to their school, he'd have noticed her before. Besides, she looked to be about twenty. A college student then. But why come here?

Someone nudged Donovan and he in turned prodded Link to keep moving, though he wasn't alone in his stunned state. Everyone boy that entered the classroom froze for a second or two upon noticing the girl.

Donovan took his seat in the back row, directly behind Link.

"Who do you think she is?" Link asked, keeping his gaze on the girl though angling towards Donovan.

"College student here to shadow Mr. Henley," Donovan guessed.

The bell rang and Mr. Henley hushed the murmuring students.

"Class, I want to introduce Rosie. She will be my student teacher for the next month. She's in her second year of college and plans to be a teacher someday. I hope you will all be welcoming to her."

From the way every boy perked up at this news, Donovan had no doubt she would be welcomed. But they were all idiots to think that they had a chance. They were all juniors in high school and she was in college. Only Donovan was technically the same age as her. But it wasn't like that mattered either.

Rosie said hello to everyone then headed to the back of the room as Mr. Henley began the lesson. He had to clear his throat three times before every head turned back towards him. Rosie took a chair at a narrow desk at Donovan's left. Link craned his neck back but Donovan kicked his chair to stop him. Rosie chuckled softly.

As Mr. Henley dove into the lesson, Donovan tugged out a book from his backpack and flipped it open, slouching in his chair to get comfortable. It was an hour-long lesson that day. He barely read two paragraphs when a low, silky voice spoke.

"You should really pay attention," Rosie said.

Donovan looked at her and was struck by the unique color of her eyes.

"Why?" he whispered back.

Rosie smiled a teasing smile which gave her an attractive devious look. 

"I see," she said. "You sit in the back, don't pay attention. You're going for the hot and broody type, right?"

Donovan didn't think anything about him would say 'hot and broody' type. He didn't talk but that was about it.

"Not at all," Donovan said causally.

His simple response seemed to pique Rosie's curiosity. She rested her head on her fist, eyeing him.

"So then you're the type that doesn't care about grades, thinks school is overrated. You get by but only so you don't have to repeat a grade."

Donovan had to admit it was amusing that she was trying to figure him out. The edge of his lips lifted slightly.

"I feel the need to tell you that I have one of the highest GPAs in the school," he said.

Rosie straightened. "Really?"