𝕸𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝕷𝖆𝖓𝖊

Start from the beginning

"Was that Stefan?" Caroline asked, eating a chip. 

"He hasn't called me back. I'm trying to decide if I should be worried," Elena said. 

I shrugged, "I'm sure he's fine."

"God, I cannot stop eating," Caroline laughed, throwing another chip in her mouth. "Stefan says it's a great way to sublimate the cravings. It's horrible. Fighting the urge for blood every minute of every day." Caroline shakes her head. 

"I know Stefan really hates that part of himself," Elena says in sympathy. 

"Well, yeah. And he hates that you're a constant temptation," Caroline said as Elena furrowed her brows at Caroline's statement. 

"He said that?" She asked with a slight tilt of her head. 

"The desire to rip out your jugular every time he's with you? Trust me, it's there. It's why I had to break up with Matt," Caroline said. 

"Hey, food's ready. Come get it," Alaric said, walking outside then back inside. 

"Finally, I'm starving," I sighed in relief as Caroline nodded in agreement. We got up from our chairs as Elena stayed in hers. "You comin'?" I asked her as she nodded and I continued on inside without her. You could tell she was having a battle mentally about what Caroline said. 

* * * *

"Dress! Ballerina! Ballet!" My aunt Jenna shouted trying to guess what Damon had drawn. It was some wolf with a tutu and I know he wanted to see if Mason understood his drawing. 

"Puppy! Puppy!" Caroline shouted, "Puppy with a tutu."

"No," Damon said, adding a bit to his drawing so someone would get the right answer. 

"Dog. Hound dog. 'You ain't nothing but a hound dog'," Jenna laughed, still trying to get the answer. 

"Wolf with a tutu," I suggested as Damon shook his head. 

" 'Dances with the Wolves'," Mason said as Jenna, Alaric, and Caroline looked at him in shock. 

"Mason wins. . .again," Damon says, closing the cap on the marker. 

"How is that a wolf?!" Jenna says as I laugh at her and get up. I want some of that cobbler Damon brought. I opened the box and pulled it out, ready to get a slice when Damon came in. 

"Aunt Jenna's getting tipsy," He said, coming to stand next to me. His chest brushing my arm and part of my back. 

"Will you stop plying her with alcohol?" I sighed. 

"I want her to like me," He said, moving to stand to my left. 

"How's operation Lockwood?" I asked, already somewhat knowing how it was going. 

"He's my new bff," He whispers in my ear, making me shiver. 

"There you are," Jenna said, coming in the kitchen. "Isn't this fun?" 

"Yes. Thank you so much for inviting me," Damon said as I walked away to get a knife from my grandmother's silver set. 

"Did I have a choice?" Jenna questioned.