The Sokolov Series Book 2: Making Her Mine

Chapter 1

"This is so pretty," Natasha whispered while looking at the exclusive collection of Chanel bags for their newest Fall line. Exclusive ang kwartong kinaroonan niya ngayon. Only the richest women in the world are allowed to see Chanel collections ahead of release date.

And my God, she was so tempted to buy all of them in all available colors.

"Madame, we only serve the best for the best," her sales associate Mika purred beside her. Mika has been her private sales associate / shopper from Chanel ever since she could remember.

Natasha flew to Paris just to see Chanel's latest line. And in this room, it was only her and three other associates, parading the newest clothes and bags from the collection.

She tried to resist dahil alam niyang kakagalitan na naman siya ng asawa niya oras na umuwi siya ng marami na namang pinamili. But what does he care at the end of the day? It's not as if he actually cares about her.

Wala namang ibang mahalaga para sa asawa niya kundi ang trabaho nito. Inis na alala niya. Kaya siya lumipad kagad papuntang Paris ay dahil nag-away sila kamakailan lang dahil nawala ito ng isang linggo dahil sa trabaho at hindi man lamang nagpaalam sa kanya.

She knew how the Mafia business works. It's a crime organization kaya alam din niya ang likaw ng bituka ng mga taong nakakasalamuha ng asawa niya. Kaya natural lang sa kanya ang mag-alala. But Alexei just couldn't be bothered.

"I'll buy everything in caviar leather," she declared. "Please pack them all for me as fast as you can. I'm leaving in an hour."

"Right away, madame," Mika answered politely and ushered everyone to start packing.

She dialed her phone to ask for her driver to pick her up in an hour and get her private jet ready. Kailangang maunahan niya ang asawa na makauwi sa bahay para maitago niya kagad ang lahat ng mga pinamili niyang ito. Tiyak na magagalit na naman ito kapag nakita na sobrang dami na naman niyang bag na binili.

It's not as if he cares about the money. His husband Alexei is a very rich man. He's the Beta or second-in-command in the Denaro-Sokolov Mafia clan, the biggest crime organization in all of the world. They're practically royalty.

That was why their family kept to themselves. They intermarry within the family to protect their wealth. She was from the Denaro line while her husband Alexei was a second cousin from the Sokolov line. So many Denaros and Sokolovs have intermarried that she couldn't pinpoint which is which.

All she knew was she had to marry him when she turned eighteen. Wala siyang nagawa but to follow her late parents' wish. They got engaged at seven, married at eighteen and just last year, she started living with him mula ng mamatay ang mga magulang niya. She needed protection only he can provide now.

All of a sudden, the doors of this private hall was opened with a loud bang and men in suits lined up on both sides while their boss entered looking dashing in a three piece navy blue suit.

"Good morning, sir Alexei," Mika greeted the newcomer, recognizing that it was her husband. "Would you like some coffee, water or tea?"

"Wine would be nice," tipid na sagot nito.

"Certainly, Sir." Mika left the room to prepare.

And Alexei walked towards her on the couch and sat right next to her. "Quite a collection they have here."

"It is," she coldly agreed.

"And I'm guessing you're spending my hard-earned money on these again."

She just shrugged.

"You weren't home when I returned," biglang puna ni Alexei. His tone was more serious now.

"I got bored. And I didn't know when you were coming home."

"So you decided to take a little trip of your own," he commented wryly. "Do you realize the danger you put yourself in when you travel without me?"

"I've always been just fine."

"Because you have my security detailing. But the moment my enemies find out my wife is roaming somewhere in Paris, do you think they'll keep you alive?"

"I'm here since just yesterday. I'm planning to go back home after this detour," she answered honestly. "And besides, you left me all alone for a few days now without even telling me where you are or what you've been doing."

"Then, you could have called to ask!"

"You could have called me instead," she said. "Why do I have to be the one to call you?"

"Because you're my wife," he answered matter-of-factly.

"You know what, this is moot. I have bags to enjoy so if you don't mind, please just wait for me outside."

"I don't want this repeated ever again. Now that you live with me, you have to abide by my rules. And I want you in my house when I am there. I want to know where you plan to fly. You have to ask for my permission first rather than harassing my men to comply to your every wish and command," pagbabanta ni Alexei sa kanya. "Do this again and I'll cut you off."

Tinitigan niya ito ng masama. "I have my own money. You seem to be forgetting that I'm also from a rich family. We're second cousins, remember?"

He gave her a death glare. "You're living under my roof now, so you will have no choice but to do as I say. Had I known you will grow up to be this hardheaded, I would have requested you under my roof immediately after we got married ten years ago!"

"Sad that you didn't. So for now, I'm used to the life I've been living the past years. Living with you for less than a year couldn't change me. Old habits die hard. I fly and shop here in Paris whenever I want. So I'm sorry to disappoint-"

"Here's your wine, sir," Mika suddenly came in, interrupting the conversation. "Madame, your items are almost ready."

"Can you give me and my wife a moment please?" Alexei asked, in a more serious tone this time.

Mika and the rest of the sales associates left the room and so did Alexei's men.

Alexei grabbed her arm firmly and pulled her to him. "If it seems like I'm being soft, I just want to reiterate. I am your husband and you will do as I say. No more of this lone trips. You will go wherever I go. If you hate being left in the house, then from now on, I'm taking you with me even on business trips. So don't go complaining because you forced me to do this!"

He, then, let her go and stood up to walk out. But before he could step out, he turned to Natasha again. "And just so you know, I fought my parents so hard to let us live together as soon as we got married. It's just that your parents wanted us to live together when we're more adult. I just hope they're right. I really do hope I'm living with an adult now, and not a spoiled brat princess."

*****

A/N: Vote, comment and follow me! Don't forget to add the second book of The Sokolov Series to your Library now! You can find it in my list of Works. Just click on my profile. Or you can check out this link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/268392925-making-her-mine