Chapter 4: The Escape

"Crazy bastard," Alyanna heard Konstantin curse. He was on the phone for a while now, speaking in a hush while she was on the couch, tensed and pretending to read a book that she found on his desk. 

She quickly glanced at him but he was still busy on the phone. After drinking cocktails 'til noon, Konstantin pulled her back into their room to have lunch delivered. And they haven't gotten out since. Phone calls kept ringing one after the other on his phone.

Then, she remembered Natasha. The woman mentioned of a signal but she didn't know what it was. Would she recognize it easily? And would it be wise enough to trust him? 

She put down the book she was pretending to read and glanced at Konstantin again. He was looking right back at her now, but still with his phone on his right ear.

"Let me just get this straight. I want this done as quickly as possible. If you can't do that, I suggest you hide." After that, he threw his phone on the bed and gave out an exasperated sigh. 

She didn't dare speak up. All that's running in her mind was the possibility of an escape tonight. 

"You didn't finish your lunch," she heard Konstantin say.

So she looked up at him again. He was standing before her pointing on the almost untouched food in front of her. "I'm still full."

"I don't remember feeding you since I abducted you this early morning," seryosong wika nito.

"I'm good. Thanks," she firmly said, giving him a serious look.

"Are you throwing another tantrum?"

"What tantrum?" iritang tanong niya.

He just breathed deeply and closed his eyes at pagkatapos ay tinalikuran na siya para pumasok sa toilet and bath na karugtong ng kwarto nila. 

And she heard the shower being used. Mukhang naliligo ito! She took the opportunity at dali-daling tumayo. Ibinato ni Konstantin ang phone nito sa kama at nakalimutan nito iyong damputin bago pumasok ng CR.

She grabbed the phone immediately and turned it on. 

"Damn, there's a passcode!" bulong niya sa sarili. Iritang ibinaba niya muli ang phone nito sa kama. How can she contact someone else if not for this phone? Kailangan niyang makuha ang passcode nito man lang. 

Pinakiramdaman niya si Konstantin sa loob ng banyo. Mukhang matatagalan pa ito doon. So she decided to sneak out quickly. Just to check if may ibang telepono o kahit anong device sa loob ng yacht na iyon. 

She turned the knob and opened the door ng makitang nagbabantay sa labas ang dalawang bodyguards ni Konstantin.

She cursed in her mind and just smiled at the two men in suits at pagkatapos ay isinarado muli ang pinto. 

"Sneaking out, Alyanna?" 

Napalingon kagad siya sa pinanggalingan ng boses na iyon and she saw Konstantin fresh out of the shower in just a white towel wrapped around his hips. 

"H-hindi, gusto ko lang sanang... magpahangin," pagdadahilan niya.

He didn't quite buy her reason. Dali-daling lumapit ang binata sa kanya and when they were only an inch apart ay hinawakan nito ang baba niya para patingalain siya.

"I'm warning you, mi cara. Any fishy business and I'm throwing you out into the sea."

And she couldn't handle it anymore. It's been more than 12 hours simula ng kidnap-in siya ng lalaking ito. "Then, throw me out now."

Nangunot lalo ang noo nito. 

"We both know na wala akong kahit anong koneksyon kay Romulo. Heck, I don't even know why I have to explain myself to you! I'm just a normal, everyday flight attendant for fuck's sake! Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako nadamay dito sa gulo ninyo! Let me go!"