Chapter 20: Martinis and Random Hotel Rooms

"Care for a cold lemon-drop martini, princess?"

Alyanna slowly opened her eyes to see a man in front of her, asking her a question. She felt cold all over. And she remembered why pagkabukas niya ng mga mata. She was in an unfamiliar hotel room with the air-conditioning in full blast. Suot pa rin niya ang damit kagabi na manipis na nighties dahil handa na siyang matulog nang biglang dumating ang tatlong lalaking hindi niya kilala. She was drugged using a peculiar scent and the next thing she knew, she was tied up in a chair.

"W-where am I?" she managed to squeak out but her throat felt so dry so her voice came out hoarse. Hindi na rin niya maramdaman ang mga kamay at hita na nakagapos sa silyang iyon.

Romulo was pacing back and forth in front of her, holding a glass of martini. "You made the wrong decision. So now, you're here."

"Huh?" she asked innocently.

There were three other men in the room in black suit and ties, waiting for Romulo's every command. The room looked like an expensive suite in one of the top hotel chains here in New York. But Alyanna just couldn't quite remember how she got here.

"I knew you were seeing each other, Alyanna. Konstantin flew here a few days ago and I knew you saw each other after the first meeting with my lawyer. But I trusted you and gave you the benefit of the doubt. I helped you figure out the truth and get your father's inheritance... so I thought you would help me, too." And then, he suddenly threw the martini glass on her feet, breaking it up into pieces. 

She felt a shard of glass cut through her skin but she remained strong, unwavering. Tinapunan lang niya ito ng malamig na titig. "I'm not afraid of you, Romulo."

"I figured. You were already packing up last night to come with him back to Italy. You thought he could save you. News flash, princess! My brother doesn't own the world. He has no power here in the continental US. This is neutral territory. And he won't be able to find you now."

Lumapit sa kanya ang isa sa tatlong lalaking naka-itim na suit at inilapag sa harapan niya ang isang dokumento.

"Sign it," utos ni Romulo na ngayon ay inaabutan siya ng ballpen. "Sign it and I'll save your life."

"What is that?" she asked quickly.

"It's your divorce papers. I'll save your life if you sign it. Don't worry! I'll make sure my brother signs it, too. I'm threatening him with your life now for him to sign this, too."

"You're crazy," she commented at pagkatapos ay dinuraan ang mga papeles sa harapan niya. "I'm never leaving him! You're crazy if you think I'll still help you after this! Let me go now!"

"You bitch!" biglaang sigaw nito at sinampal siya ng malakas na nagpatilapon sa kanya sa isang sulok ng kwarto. 

Alyanna felt blood oozing down from her lips dahil sa impact ng ginawa nito. She felt pain and fear. But most of all, she felt regret. Magkasama na sila ni Konstantin kagabi but she still chose to let him go and leave. Only to find out that trusting Romulo was never a good idea. 

"Get me a new copy!" sigaw ni Romulo sa mga tauhan nito at pagkatapos ay tinitigan muli siya. "You better sign this one or else, I'm killing your beloved husband! If you think he can save you, then think again. He has no power here and he sure as hell doesn't know where in the world you are right now. If you care about your life and his, sign the goddamn paper!"

Alyanna shot him a glare, without fear. "I'm never signing that! I'm never giving you authority over my husband's Family. And if you think they would respect you if you become their leader, you're much more of a fool than I thought!"

Another slap and her head hit the wall now. It was so much pain na halos mawalan siya ng malay ngayon. Her eyes closed, but she tried to fight back with all the strength she could muster. Nararamdaman niya na may dugong dumadaloy mula sa likod ng ulo niya ngayon. She was starting to lose consciousness na pilit niyang nilalabanan.

She was about to lose hope. 

But she would never ever leave him. She would never ever divorce him. If her life would be what's at stake for Konstantin to keep his kingdom, then she would gladly offer it up. She knew how much he values his Family. And she knew how much he wanted to protect it. 

She can't disappoint Konstantin now. He saved her life once. It's time to give back the favor. If she would die right her and now, wala ng makakapag-dissolve ng kasalan nilang dalawa. She would forever be married to him and he would forever own his kingdom. 

And just when she thought she was going to die, three loud gunshots were heard from the hallway. At nakarinig siya ng mga yabag ng mga tauhan ni Romulo na isa-isang lumabas ng kwarto para silipin ang komosyong iyon.

"Shit!" rinig niyang hiyaw ni Romulo.

Another voice said, "How the fuck did they find us?"

"Stupid!" another one scramed.

She heard the clicking of guns and several more gunshots filled the air.

There was so much pain now coming from the back of her head now. Hinawakan niya ng pilit ang likod ng ulo niya only to see blood on her hands right after. She was losing so much blood. Kaya hindi na niya nalabanan ang antok na lumukob sa kanya....

****

A/N: Took a while a to upload but I'm back now! Happy weekend. Comment down below kung anong team kayo bago ang chapter na ito?

A. Team Konstantin

B. Team Romulo

Kasi aminin ko, medj nagwapuhan ako sa pagkakasulat ko kay Romulo. Pero I guess all things come to an end? CHZ. Hahahaha! :P  Stay safe and huwag muna makiapglandian sa labas. #NoToCOVID19

Vote, Comment and Follow me!