Chapter 2: A Royal Cruise

Alyanna's lids were still pretty heavy. But she managed to slowly open her eyes. There was just so much light coming from the left side of the room where she was in. She squinted for a bit before she was able to fully adjust.

Slowly, she looked around. She was lying on huge king-sized bed with white sheets. Around her was a pretty dainty room with wooden furniture. But what struck her most were the little windows.

Nasaan siya? Is she in a foreign country and did she do some excessive partying???

The outside view was... blue? Paanong blue ang labas ng kwartong ito?

"Tubig...," she whispered to herself. At bigla na lamang bumalik sa alaala niya lahat ng mga naganap bago siya mawalan ng malay.

She quickly sat up in recognition na tubig ang nakikita niya sa sa labas ng cabin window. Can she be in a cabin within a yacht?

She looked at herself at naka-uniform pa rin siya. Her watch says 7AM. It has been almost six hours mula ng mag-emergency landing ang eroplanong sinasakyan niya kanina. But where exactly is she?

Just in time, narinig niya ang pagbukas ng pinto ng cabin na iyon and in came the person haunting her dreams. Ito lang yata ang taong napaginipan niya the whole time na nawalan siya ng malay.

He was now in a crisp, white shirt and jeans. God, he even looked better in casual clothes.

"Good morning, mi cara," he wickedly greeted her in that thick, seductive accent, while giving her such a fllirty smile it should be illegal.

But she cleared her head and breathed deeply. Hindi siya magpapaloko sa lalaking ito. He kidnapped her and took her against her will! "My crew's probably looking for me now. If you don't wanna be accused of kidnapping, you should be wise enough to let me go."

"Mi cara, we're in the middle of the ocean. Besides, they got a message from you this morning saying you're safe and you're currently on a cruise to Italy with Mr. Sokolov."

Her brows knitted at his response. How dare he send a message on her behalf! "Why am I here? This is kidnapping and I can sue you if you don't let me go."

"Mi cara," he said, obviously enjoying this conversation. "You accidentally heard an intimate conversation between me and my men over the plane. I'm afraid I can't let you go anymore so long as you prove you aren't a spy."

"A spy?" takang-takang tanong niya. "What are you? Twelve?"

He stepped closer to the bed as he stared her down. "For all I know, Romulo sent you to seduce me in the plane."

"You are insane," she remarked and stood up beside the bed to look for her shoes.

"Hotel slippers are in the closet," he said, pointing to a cabin closet on her right.

"Shut up. Where are my shoes? I am leaving this place!" she said hysterically. "My family might be searching for me right now."

"You don't have one," he stated coolly.

Natigilan si Alyanna sa sinabi nito.

"You live alone in a small studio in Manila. You left home when you became a flight attendant at twenty-one," he said. "Your parents are dead and you only lived with your Aunt 'til you moved out when you started training for the airlines."

"Paanong..."

"I had you background-searched. You've got clean records so far. But I don't wanna be deceived. If you are indeed a spy of Romulo, I'll figure it out sooner or later. Pray that you aren't and I might just let you go in peace," he threatened.

She just groaned in annoyance at his announcement. "Hindi ako spy!!!" sigaw niya ng malakas sa mukha nito. Hindi man siya naiintindihan ng binata pero inis na inis talaga siya dito.

"We'll see about that, Alyanna. You can take a bath in there," Konstantin said, pointing to a small cabin door on one corner. "Shower's warm and ready for you. I took the liberty to pick out some clothes for you in the closet. The cruise is gonna be a week to Italy."

"Italy?" gulat na gulat na tanong niya.

"Yes, didn't I mention I come from there?"

"I didn't agree to going to Rome with you, did I?" she spat back.

"Cool your head. You're here because I wanna make sure you aren't a spy who will rat me out. Again, I'll let you go once you prove yourself... safe and sound, mi cara. Now, get yourself cleaned up 'cause we have a party on the pool top."

"Where's the plane and what happened to the passengers?" she suddenly asked him.

"Oh, about that. Everyone was safe...."

"Except the passenger in 20D," she added.

His eyes suddenly turned into slits. "You see, these statements of yours... They make me doubt you, mi cara."

"What? I'm a flight attendant. I'm supposed to ensure everyone's safety on board."

He stepped closer towards her til she was trapped between the bed and the mighty Konstantin. "What if I tell you I killed your passenger in 20D? What would you do?"

His eyes... seemed to be telling the truth. And it scared her. His green eyes had suddenly turned a shade darker. "You wouldn't..."

"I own Pacific Airlines. I decide who lives... or dies."

Umiling-iling siya sa sinabi nito. "You aren't God."

He suddenly grabbed both her arms to pull her towards him. And then, he planted a soft kiss on her lips.

It was just a light kiss at first. But when he felt her arms snaking up on his back while her lips were responding, he couldn't help himself. He kissed her more urgently. And as if, right on cue, right before he pushes her to the bed to make his way with her, Alyanna got back to her senses.

She shouldn't be kissing the enemy. He kidnapped her for Christ's sake! So she quickly pushed him away.

Konstantin was shocked at her reaction but he just smiled anyway. "I am God... in my world, mi cara. Now, do yourself a favor and clean yourself up. Try your best to be on your best behavior. Or else, I might just throw you into the ocean with the sharks," he said and stepped back to give her some space.

And then, he quietly left the room and shut the door behind him.

"What have I gotten myself into?" she whispered to herself.

*****