Chapter 15: On Cold Beds and Chanel Bags

A/N: Hey, sizzies. And because maraming nagsasabing nabitin sila sa previous chapter, here's an extra special chapter that's longer than usual. ENJOY!! Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me.

Mataas na ang sikat ng araw pero nanatiling nakahiga si Alyanna. Hindi na siya lumabas ng kwarto niya simula ng pag-uusap nila ni Konstantin kahapon. Wala rin siyang ganang tumayo, kumain o maglakad-lakad man lamang sa labas.

Hindi rin niya nakita si Konstantin simula kahapon. Hindi man lamang ito nagpakita sa kanya kagabi.

She just slept entirely alone last night. She's never been more alone and confused in her entire life. She never knew why she was hurting now. Was it because she can never bear knowing that her parents supported such.... crimes? Or was it because her husband does?

But why was she so affected with whatever he does?

Three knocks brought her back to her senses.

"Madame," one of the helpers peeked in and brought in a tray of breakfast. Binuksan din nito ang mga kurtina ng malalaking bintana doon na nagpaliwanag lalo sa buong kwarto.

"You should eat," she heard the plump woman say. Ipinatong nito ang tray ng pagkain mula sa table papuntang kama niya. "We noticed you didn't go down for dinner last night. You should eat, ma'am."

She smiled at the woman and looked at the sumptuous feast before her.

"Congratulations on the wedding and welcome to the palace once again," the woman said.

"Thank you. Your name is?" she asked out of politeness.

"Josefa," the helper answered in thick Spanish accent. "I've been working for the family for thirty years now. I've seen Mr. Sokolov growing up and I am so happy he didn't turn out to be like his father. Thanks to you. I can see him smile more often now."

The woman had a thick accent but she understood her fully. All she could do was smile back at her. After what happened yesterday, she didn't know if she has enough courage to face her husband again.

"I'm happy to see his righting the wrongs of the past," Josefa continued.

"What do you mean?" she casually asked, getting herself some pancakes in the process.

"I mean...," the woman was suddenly tongue-tied. "I mean, he turned out to be a respectable and responsible man, someone the whole family can look up to."

"I'm happy to see you finally eating again, mi cara," a voice suddenly boomed from the door.

Josefa quickly bowed in front of Konstantin and hurriedly left.

She just stared hard at him.

"What?" he asked, feigning ignorance.

Hindi na siya sumagot. Nagsimula na lang siyang kumain dahil wala siyang lakas na makipagtalo dito.

She saw her husband sit on the edge of the bed to watch her eat.

"Saan ka natulog kagabi?" she quickly asked.

"I had too much to do. I didn't get a chance to sleep at all," he said. "I'm flying to New York."

"Iiwan mo ko dito?"

"I have business to take care of. Mabilis lang to. I'll be gone for just two days. I already asked Dimitri to drive for you in case you want to check out the city."

"I was hoping to see the city with you."

"Then, we can go together when I come back."

"What's the business about?" she said, while taking a spoonful of oats and bananas.