Chapter 19: Gin and Tonic

Alyanna was now staring at the ceiling after making love with the man who betrayed her. She just couldn't believe herself and her body for easily giving him access to her.

She was a fool in love, indeed.

Konstantin was nowhere in sight now. After that brief afternoon turn of events, he untied her from the bed post and left quickly because of a sudden emergency call. But before leaving, he specifically told her to stay put.

But will she?

Their divorce was still looming on her head, begging for attention. And right on time, her phone started ringing, displaying an unknown number which she knows would be just one person.

"Romulo," she greeted, answering the phone.

"Hey, princess," the other line greeted back, a bit more cheerily. "How did the meeting go?"

"Not well. I apparently signed a pre-nuptial agreement turning over half my wealth to him in case I push through with this."

He just smirked on the other line. "My brother's a smart fellow. My lawyer has informed me. And we've found a loophole to fight it. There will be another meeting called for by my lawyer this week to proceed. He will contact you and Konstantin's lawyer in a few days. But for the meantime, I suggest we transfer you to a different hotel. I believe my brother knows where you are and might do something to harm you."

"He won't," she answered, too quick.

Romulo paused for a bit, assessing her and the situation. 

Did he notice? Did he notice how in love she was with her husband? She could only hope not.

"Princess, I just hope we're clear. I gave you and showed you the truth behind who you are and what you own. I hope you keep your end of the bargain. We have the same enemy here. I hope you don't forget that."

"Uh-huh," she said emotionlessly.

"Good," he said. 

****

Gin and tonic. That's exactly what she needs. It was already dark outside but she couldn't bring herself to leave him. He was still out dealing with whatever emergency it was that disrupted their afternoon. 

And right now, she was in his hotel room's balcony looking over the busy streets below.

"I see you've been good," Konstantin commented, seeing her still waiting for him.

She just shrugged. 

"You want to get proper dinner tonight?" he asked, stepping closer to her. 

"No, I don't think it's a good idea. I think I should go. I really just wanted to make sure you're okay. You just left all of a sudden this afternoon because of a call," pagdadahilan niya. "But you look absolutely fine so..."

She was about to step back inside when he pulled her back gently. "The palace was attacked."

"Palace? What do you mean?"

"I left Pavel and Alexei in charge for the meantime while I was gone. But the palace was suddenly attacked this noon. They killed some of my men. And... they were claiming to be Romulo's men, shouting to everyone how the new Don, me, is effectively removed from office as head of the Family after I sort out my divorce here in New York."

Her jaw dropped at his sudden news.

"Now all in Italy knows about our problem."

"How many were killed?" she asked guiltily. She didn't know Romulo would act this fast and she didn't know he would be this ruthless. 

"About ten. I have yet to check. I'm flying back by tomorrow morning. Please come back with me, mi cara. Please. When I come back alone, they would know for sure that the rumors Romulo has been spreading are all true. You know it would cost me my Family so please come with me." 

Natigilan si Alyanna sa nalaman. Hindi siya makapaniwala na sampung tao ang nagbayad ng galit niya kay Konstantin. Pero higit sa lahat, hindi siya makapaniwalang nagsimula ng gumalaw si Romulo ng hindi man lang siya sinasabihan. 

He fooled her. Is he really someone she could trust? Is it really worth it to help Romulo get back at Konstantin?

"I... I need to think about it," she answered.

Mabilis na nakalapit sa kanya si Konstantin. He grabbed both her arms to pull her close and stare into her eyes. "Romulo is next in line. If he succeeds on removing me from the palace, he will be the new Don. I've worked so hard to kickout that bastard. Please help me defend my palace now..."

"You should have thought about this before. You could have chosen to tell me the truth. Then, we won't have to be here and you won't need to ask me to stay."

"I know I've hurt you, mi cara... I know. And I'm paying for it now. I just need you to give me another chance."

"I still can't." Her heart wanted to forgive him, to come back home with him. But her mind was still reminding her of the pain of his misgivings and lies. "I... I need to think."

"But I have to go back to Italy tomorrow. I can't just leave my men to fend for themselves."

"Then go back." She tried to hide her emotions now.

"Alyanna, I can't leave without you. I need you to come with me."

"No, you can take care of them by yourself. I need time and space to think."

"What is there to think about? I won't let this divorce push through whatever you say. You know what I can do, mi cara." He lifted her chin with his fingers so that their eyes could meet. "Romulo is just using you to get to me. He doesn't care about you at all. If you think he understands what you need, you're mistaken."

It was like he was deliberately hypnotizing her. 

His hands started to caress her back, leaving a pleasurable sensation. 

But she pushed him away. Having him close won't do her any good. "I need to be alone tonight," she declared, stepping away from him and putting as much distance as she can between them. Her mind was already reeling in confusion. Her heart wanted to forgive him already but her mind won't.

He breathed deeply in resignation. "Fine. If that is what you want. But I'll have someone stationed to pick you up tomorrow morning. Decide then if you want to come."

*****

Konstantin was pacing back and forth in the tarmac. He refused to go in his jet because he was waiting for a call from one of his men who was supposed to pick-up Alyanna this morning.

He couldn't sleep last night. He just badly wanted to tie her up again and never leave his sight. But he wanted to respect her decision to be alone to think.

And now, he was anxious. Has she decided? Will she come with him or will she proceed with the divorce?

His phone rang. "Yes?"

"Sir, there's been a problem," the other line delivered.

"What is?"

"The donna isn't in her room. When we got in, no one was in sight. But there was a note, sir. It's from Romulo and it says here he has her and he will kill her."

"Fuck!" That was probably the worst news in his entire lifetime. It tore his heart and his whole being for reasons he couldn't point out.

*****

A/N: Hi guys! Salamat sa walang sawang suporta at pagko-comment sa mga loyal readers ko. Shout out kina @pawangeles @brattj ! Salamat sa pagiging loyal and long-time readers. <3 

To the rest of my sizzies, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. You know I usually write stories up to Chapter 20+ only so you also know na malapit na magtapos ang kwentong ito. SANA AY PATULOY NINYONG SUBAYBAYAN HANGGANG SA WAKAS. :*

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME!