Chapter 16: High Up

They were in a tarmac. It was already dark but Alyanna would recognize a tarmac when she sees one. She's been working around planes and airports for the last few years of her life and she could't be mistaken.

Dalawang lalaki ang nakahawak sa magkabilang kamay niya ngayon, urging her out of the car at kinakaladkad siya ngayon pataas sa hagdan ng isang eroplano.

"Let me go!" sigaw niya habang pilit na nilalabanan ang mga ito.

But they were stronger than her. It was either walk or be bruised sa pagkaladkad ng mga ito sa kanya.

"Where are you taking me?" she demanded. She hoped they would at least give her a clue but there was none.

Nakapasok sila sa private jet plane na iyon and she immediately saw a man on a cushioned seat inside. He was holding a martini while looking at her intently.

He was also equally attractive like her husband, but his face has more edge. He looked like the devil himself.

"What's the matter? Did they drag you up here, princess?" the man asked. "Let her go," mariing utos nito sa dalawang lalaking kumaladkad sa kanya pataas ng eroplano.

The men listened and released their tight grip on her at pagkatapos ay lumabas na. They closed the plane door behind Alyanna, leaving no chance to escape. And now, she was face to face with an unknown stranger.

"Sit down," he said and smiled at her. "I don't mean to interrupt your shopping spree today. I know you just arrived from your honeymoon in Sicily. But I just want to have a chance to talk. Would you like a drink?"

His casualness annoyed her. Ipina-kidnap siya nito ng walang ano-ano at ngayon ay aalukin ng martini?

"You're crazy," she blurted out with no fear.

"Feisty. Now I know why Kontantin took you under his care. Never knew we had the same taste in women." Then, he gestured on the vacant seat across him. "Sit so we could talk."

"I don't have the tiniest bit of interest to speak with you," she firmly said while looking around the luxurious plane for any sign of escape.

"Oh, no, don't even bother. The door's are sealed and you won't be getting out from anywhere. I'm flying you first-class to my kingdom where you'll be taken cared of better."

"Who the hell are you?" asik niya sa lalaking kaharap niya ngayon. He looked so cool and composed to be a kidnapper. This isn't the usual kidnapping scenes she sees on TV.

"Romulo, my princess. At your service," he said and stood up and walk towards her.

And as he did so, she stepped back. The name was something she recognized.

"Oh, I know you know who  I am. I've been tracking down Konstantin for the longest time but he always seemed to be so busy... and out of reach. You know, I was planning to set up a meeting with him just to congratulate him on the wedding. Now, I don't think I would even want to do that."

"He's gonna come here and kick your ass," she muttered under her breath.

He laughed. It was a throaty laugh, much like how a predator would make fun of his prey. "I believe he will try. But he won't be able to. Because right now, he's chasing me in the wrong location, princess. And now, he's left behind his most prized possession. You."

"Please... let me go. I can beg him to meet you so you can talk business. Just let me go," she pleaded this time around.

"Changing tactics, aren't we? Where was my feisty girl?" Romulo stepped forward even more, trapping her between him and the wall.