Chapter 5: Trip Down Memory Lane

"Shit," mura ni Alyanna habang binibilang ang natitirang pera niya sa wallet ngayon. It's just the seventh of the month at may natitira pang isang linggo bago uli siya makasweldo sa fastfood chain na pinagtatrabahuhan niya.

May kailangan pa naman siyang ipa-xerox na readings para sa klase niya ngayong Lunes.

"Fuck," she muttered under her breath at pagkatapos ay nagpatuloy sa pagma-mop. Kaka-close lamang ng food chain branch na pinagtatrabahuhan niya. Linggo ngayon at alas nueve na ng gabi.

Hindi niya alam kung paano siya tatagal ng isang linggo ng walang baon. Bakit sumama-sama pa siyang magsine sa barkada niya.

"Miss," she heard a voice from behind her.

"Sir, sarado na kami," she said nang makaharap ang isang binata na kakapasok lamang ng pinto. But what caught her attention was his untidy hair at ang paghingal nito na parang napakalayo ng tinakbo.

He pulled down his cap further to his face para hindi kita masyado ang mukha nito, "Hide me and I'll pay you well."

Nalito siya sa sinabi nito. "W-What do you mean?"

Dire-diretso ito sa pagpasok sa pinto kung saan naroroon ang opisina ng manager. "Sir, bawal po diyan!" At hinabol niya ito.

They were confined in the room at isinarado ng lalaki ang pinto. "Help me hide for a few minutes and I'll pay you well."

"Pay?" tanong niya. Tinitigan niya ang binata. He looks like her age. Kaya paanong mababayaran siya nito eh mukhang estudyante din lamang ito.

"I'll hide for thirty minutes here, Miss. And I'll pay you after... if nothing bad happens to me," he said at nagmuwestra na lumabas na siya ng opisina. So she did.

She didn't know what has gotten in her pero ang alam lamang niya ay kailangan niya ng pera. So she hid the man. Nagpatuloy siya sa paglilinis sa labas at pag-aayos para isarado na ang restaurant na iyon.

She didn't even care how she'll get paid as long as the man promises money.

And true enough, when the man left he asked for her bank account. An hour after, a huge sum was deposited under her name. But the faceless man was also nameless.

*****

Unti-unting nagmulat ng mga mata si Alyanna. It was bright. At naramdaman niya ang malambot na kama na hinihigaan niya ngayon. She suddenly sat up.

There was no one else in the room.

But she was back... back in her cabin in the yacht. She remembered almost drowning after jumping from a boat and seeing a dead man die on his own blood. She remembered the instant the icy water clung to her skin, freezing her almost to death.

But she's alive! Tinitigan niya ang mga kamay niya. She was clean.

Nakapantulog siya ngayon at tatayo sana ng mapansin ang mga paa niya. Her left foot was tied to the bedpost with a handcuff.

"What the fuck?" she whispered to herself.

And then she started to panic! It finally dawned on her. The man caught her! Konstantin caught her escaping. She is going to be dead meat now, for sure!

But suddenly he remindedher of someone. A man she tried to help before but whose face she couldn't remember. Could it be one and the same person? But it can't be.

A Mafia boss wouldn't go running around Manila in the wee hours of the night. Or could he?

She stood up from the bed and readied herself. And after checking that her body has fully recovered, she screamed "Help!"

"Help me!" she shouted again. "Get me out of here! You bastard! Untie me now!"

Suddenly the door opened and she immediately saw Konstantin's body guards facing her.

In thick Russian accent, one of them spit out. "Quiet! You stay here and wait for Mr. Sokolov!"

"Untie me! I am not an animal that you can just tie up here!"

"You tried to escape. You should be punished! Mr. Sokolov will see to it. He is just in a meeting so stay put and keep your mouth shut!"

"Where's Natasha? Natasha!" she screamed again, hoping her newfound friend is alive and well. Or did they also hurt her? It can't be. Her husband is Alexei.

"Mr. Alexei left with his wife a few days ago."

"How long have I been asleep?" she asked back.

"Three days," the man spit out. He took out his gun and ordered the other guard to go back to his post outside the door. "Now, you will keep quiet if you don't want to get hurt."

They killed him... They killed the man in the boat for helping her escape. She could still remember his blood splattering on her.

*****

It was well past six in the afternoon and the sun was starting to set when she was called in to change clothes and prepare. One of the guards untied her feet at hinayaan siyang maligo at magpalit ng damit.

And then she was led back to the deck. There were no parties this time. Only a man with his impeccable suit drinking scotch on a table near the pool.

The guards deposited her to a seat across the man and then, left.

"My Sleeping Beauty has risen," Konstantin greeted her. His eyes were cold, dead cold.

"You killed a man!" panimula niya dito.

"You tried to escape, Alyanna! And how were you able to hire a boat? A part of Romulo's plan, I suggest? Well, he is a damn fool for trying to take away what's mine now!" galit na galit na litanya nito.

Natasha wasn't found out! Akala niya ay mapapahamak si Natasha dahil hindi siya nakatakas. Akala niya ay nalaman ng mga ito na si Natasha ang may pakana ng lahat. She couldn't just spill it out now. Natasha was the only person who tried to help her. She couldn't just betray her. She knew she would still be needing her help soon.

"It wasn't Romulo. Believe me. Hindi ko siya kilala!"

"So you hired a boat out of nowhere?" he asked, almost laughing at her excuse.

"Maniwala ka sakin! Wala akong kinalaman sa kanya! I'm just a flight attendant for fuck's sake, Konstantin!"

"I like it when you say my name with such passion and intensity, mi cara." His eyes glittered like little tongues of fire as he looked at her, eating her up from head to toe.

"It's useless talking to someone whose ears are closed."

"Because you betrayed me! I thought we had a deal. Prove to me that you're not a spy and I'll-"

"You will never let me go... alive," she emphasized. "I know that now. Whatever deal we made before is useless in your eyes."

He laughed. "Mi cara, you have so little faith in me."

She stood up. "This conversation is useless. Gutom na ako. Hindi pa ba ako kakain?"

He smirked. "I had you surrounded by my men twenty-four seven. And the minute that I turn away, you jump off my yacht and almost killed yourself. You are insane, Alyanna. All the more that I'll keep you to myself now. We're near Italy. You were asleep halfway this beautiful cruise. But don't worry, mi cara. I'll show you around my castle and we can live happily ever after."

She didn't know what he meant by that but it all sounded like a really good threat.

****

Hi guys!!! This is my first story for 2021 and I hope you like it. I've been reading Mafia love stories recently and I got hooked +++ Netflix released a Mafia kdrama entitled Vincenzo! Watch it. ☺️ SUPER NICE! I cannot stop. Wahahahha

Anyway, this is the first 5 chapters for this series and I hope you like the intensity brewing between Konstantin Sokolov and Alyanna Torres! More to come in the succeeding chapters. Let me know if you liked it so far in the comment section below!!