Chapter 17: On Gold Bars and More Chanel Bags

Betrayed. That's how Alyanna felt after hearing the truth from an absolute stranger. She was 40,000 feet up when she learned about the truth behind her parents which her husband deliberately hid from her.

And in front of her now is the proof of the truth.

"What the fuck," she exclaimed as soon as the huge vault door opened after securing some trickle of blood, identifying her DNA as a descendant of the Torres Mafia head, her father.

And as soon as she stepped in the huge vault which is the size of a room, she immediately saw a pile of gold bars on all sides. And in the middle was a shelf containing a collection of vintage bags from well-known designers Chanel, Gucci, Hermes, Prada and many more. It was a haven of incomparable wealth.

Nanghina ang tuhod niya sa nakita. Hindi niya gustong maniwala sa mga sinabi ni Romulo pero hindi niya kayang ikaila na totoo lahat ng nakikita niya.

Romulo whispered behind her, "Welcome home! I told you. You're  a very, very rich woman."

"I can't believe it..."

"Neither can I. This has always been a myth. But now I get why my father was hell-bent on chasing after you. You're the key to this vault. You're the key to your late father's riches. My father had your family killed... for all this. And had you spared as a key to get this."

"How did you know this was in New York?"

"Everyone knows. My brother Konstantin knew."

"And yet he never even once told me the truth." She walked towards the gold bar and touched it. "Why are you helping me now? It's not as if I'm giving you anything in return." It was just the two of them now. They landed earlier this morning in New York, checked in a five-star hotel, then drove to an old building with a rooftop bar holding a secret door leading to the Torres vault.

"I don't want your gold. I just want you to help me gain back leadership of the Denaro-Sokolov clan. I gave you back your heritage. Help me get back mine," he seriously said, stepping closer behind her. 

"And how do I do that?" she asked.

"Divorce him," he said. 

Her jaw dropped at his proclamation.

"Remember when he dragged you to the altar to become his wife just so he can takeover the family? It is part of our father's will. He can't be heir if he's not married. The throne automatically falls to me," he said menacingly. "I'm sure you know what you need to do now."

"But... he can just easily take up another wife if he wants to stay married?"

Alyanna flinched when she heard him laugh so suddenly.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, in between laughter. "I'm so sorry. I can't help it. You really... you really don't know?"

"Know what?"

"My brother wants you and you alone," he said matter-of-factly. "You just didn't happen to fall on his lap. He orchestrated everything to bring you to him."

And just when she thought the vault was the biggest shock of her life, she was mistaken. 

"You're his little mi cara," he whispered. 

"H-How did you..."

"He's been looking after you since your parents died. My father has been looking for you all over the world. My brother was smart enough to hide you in a place my father wouldn't look in."

"What do you mean?" Kinabahan siya bigla sa mga sinasabi nito.

"Konstantin has been running your life since your parents died. The aunt you knew was paid by him to hide you and keep you. You studied and trained to be a flight attendant as part of his plan. And true enough, you met in a plane. His plane," he said with a smirk. "I have to give him that. He's one smart piece of shit to orchestrate this all in ten years."